What do you think my chances are the mw will say yes??

JaysMum+Bump

Reaction score
I was due on the 13th so im now 40+1 and got a midwives appoinment tomorrow afternoon. Now around here they are very 'funny' about things like sweeps and inductions etc just really blase about the whole thing and generally dont do things to 'interfer' with mother nature but im hoping for a homebirth so i was wondering whether if i stated my case loads tomorrow do u reckon shed try and give me a sweep? Ive got my heart set on this homebirth and i know the likelyhood of my going spontaniously over the next week or so are high (i had my 1st son at 40+4 so hoping ill follow this lol) but i dont feel i want to risk it so to speak id rather have a sweep now to encourage things rather than having a sweep say at 41 weeks for nothing to happen then have to go into hospital to be induced? This way im thinking i could get in at least a couple of sweeps if i dont start naturally, what do you think?? Ohh by the way my mw is not the most empathetic person either and doesnt really listen but still worth a try?? or not????:hissy::hissy:

Some are a bit funny about sweeps and stuff but as I always say

....if you don't ask, you won't get:baby:

The worst she can say is no so prepare yourself for that and if she says yes it'll be a bonus:happydance:

As Hevz said - if you don't ask, you don't get. Just see what she has to say. Good luck and let us know what happens x x

Ask hun. I've just had my 3rd today and you and I are due the same day. x

Protest and refuse to leave until she gives in!

Seriously though, like the others say don't ask you don't get so worth a try.

Good luck x x

Just ask :hugs: Like the others have said they can only say no to you!! Good Luck!!

I'd ask.
Here theyre not willing to do sweeps till your 40+ weeks, I'll have an appointment dead on 40 weeks and really dont want to leave without a sweep! x

Hiya!

Its my due date today & I'm getting a sweep on Thursday

My midwife offered to wait & do it next week.. I had to think about it for all of like 0.1 second..

No love do it NOW!

Mel x

certainly can't hurt to ask - good luck - hope she says yes!!!

Hope you geta sweep and it starts things off for you.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->