what do you think my chances are?

I'd rather have a diy sweep than a mw one :rofl:

I'd do a DIY sweep if I knew how!1 I am getting desperate now :haha:

a general rummage does the trick... if you are encouraged to have sex & thats safe, then you arent going to do much damage with your own clean fingers!

LOL I dont think I can get in there anymore to be honest to do much rummaging!!

Oh good luck! My suggestion is to keep moving, lots of walking around, cleaning, etc. I walked around the mall waaay too much yesterday, pushed myself beyond my limits (desperate to get holiday shopping done this week!) and have been having a lot of tightenings ever since and my pelvis has been in a lot of pain. Though I'm the opposite of you right now, I'm desperate to get to my c-section date next week (only because I'm not ready yet, I wouldn't know what to do with my DD, etc.). I've forced myself to stay in this chair and only get up to pee or change my DD's diaper or do other things for her because every time I get up I get a nasty braxton. Sorry kinda rambled on there, but keep moving around and that may help, hope things get moving for you soon! :hugs:

yeah definately, mum has a mw friend and she rang her to check what something meant in my notes and she said yeah keep busy. im shattered tho, had 3 hours sleep and been up and out and busy all day. Gonna go tidy my room and then gotta make my bed. And i might just get into bed incase somehting happens and i need some energy!

sitting on the loo is a good position for sweeping hehe

Can't believe I am asking this but.... What would I...*cough* I mean a person who might do a DIY sweep be feeling for :blush:

You know... if case anyone ever asks me *whistle*

Can't believe I am asking this but.... What would I...*cough* I mean a person who might do a DIY sweep be feeling for :blush:

You know... if case anyone ever asks me *whistle*

:rofl: I read online, and the mw told me today,. a pre pregnancy cervix feels like the tip of your nose... a pregnant cervix feels like your lips.. but the further on in pregnancy the more soft and stuff they are. If you can feel the cervix its a good thing.. but it might be too high to reach yourself.. but i guess a general wiggle like NIfirstimer said?????????:blush:

yep you are feeling for your cervix... you will feel the little opening in the middle, i was 1cm when i had my proper sweep done, so you could almost fit a finger tip in there
you dont want to do anything too vigorous, i just ran a finger around the little hole, which is enough to release the hormones!

so the sweep worked at you were 1cm?? i am 2-3 so does that mean i really have a good chance?? i hope so !

yep i was one cm when i had the hosp one done, that was at 11am
she said,,, ill give it ago but its not looking too good' i had some discomfort right away, and a show, the pains, like period pains, last all day, did a diy sweep a few times throught that day / evening, and by about 9pm they started to get bad, waters broke at 11pm, proper contractions started then, and we went to hosp at 11am, she was born at 7.39pm,
fingers crossed things start to move soon for you hun!

Ive not had much of a show... I just had some discharge but thats it, still getting pains, but i am tidying etc to keep busy. I just tried a diy sweep :rofl: but i have no idea if i felt the cervix.. :shrug:

I tried for a rummage, but dont know what i could feel. All felt very squiggly and soft. Thats might not have been cervix though. When I sat back down I felt that dull period ache but it only last a min. Now just having usual BH. Might try again later.

ooooooo eee good luck purple!! i got everything crossed this works for you hunny! and you guys have me laughing, love the diy suggestions!! xxx

Lol, i give you 10 weeks before your trying the diy yourself! hehe!

i guess any wriggling around down there is good???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->