What do you think of Damien?

eeyore007

New Mummy to Frances
Reaction score
The name started as a funny thing. However, the bump has now become known as Damien, and everyone is getting used to it. However, it does of course lead to the 666 comments, but there are of course many serious Damiens. Damien Hurst, Damien Hurley, Damien Rice etc etc.

Would I be evil in naming the little one Damien, or am I just being silly?

(personally I (alone) think it will be a little girl - so this could be irrelevant worrying)

Any comments appreciated!!!

I really like that name and I think it's perfectly normal spelled the way you are. I think Damian is the "bad" way?

I really like the name but in The Omen, 666 infamy etc it was spelt with an 'e'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Omen

so I would probably opt for the 'a' spelling which is how both people I know with the name spell it.

If you like the name, then go for it... I personally get reminded of "evil" when I hear the name, but it's just my word association... don't let ANYONE affect your choice, if you love it!!! :hugs:

i LOVE it, really wanted it,but hubby detested it so couldnt have it :(

Oh okay, so I had it backwards, I knew one of the spellings was the "bad" one! I think it looks nicer spelled Damian too. :D

Thanks everyone! I almost expected a load of negativity - but it is only a name after all.

Of course it may not look like a 'Damien', or may be a girl, but at least now I feel justified in liking it!

My cousin's called Damian and everyone calls him Day heh. It's only people he doesnt know that refer to the film.
It's a nice name :)

I do like it, but I cant help but associate it with 'Only Fools and Horses', Del boys sons name. Its probably just a generation thing tho xx

I like the name itself but it does remind me of The Omen..

I'm really into the name but I know several Damien and never think of the movie.

I do really really like this name for a boy. I think its pretty silly not considering a name, from a fictional film! Besides it wasnt his fault he was the son of satan, and he was rather a cute wee boy :rofl:

i wish i could convince my OH but he says nooooo. grrr.

Well being superstitious, it is not a name i would choose. But it would be a nice name if not for the devil reference.

I like it but it does make me think of the devil straight off, silly yes but that's me!

I didn't mind the name before but me and my sis have a 'Damien' joke since the latest Omen came out so its no for me

Aww i love the name damien, however it's spelled but OH has said "no" to it (like so many other of my suggestions! :hissy: )

I say go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"