What do you think of pregnancy massages?!

SnowWhite90

Reaction score
Would you like your bump to get massaged?! Im thinking of getting on of these...
but i know how hard they usually do massages and id be afraid of hurting my baby!!

Has anyone had one done?! How did you find it?

Ive been thinking id love an all over body massage at the moment. Everything aches!!
Are u in the UK? The Dove spas do pregnancy specific massage, one of them is for bumps and includes neck shoulders and back as well. I think they call it yummy tummy :)

I am a bit worried though as you never know just how well the therapist at say a local salon is qualified in pregnancy massage.....

Ive been thinking id love an all over body massage at the moment. Everything aches!!
Are u in the UK? The Dove spas do pregnancy specific massage, one of them is for bumps and includes neck shoulders and back as well. I think they call it yummy tummy :)

I am a bit worried though as you never know just how well the therapist at say a local salon is qualified in pregnancy massage.....

Yeah thats my fear exactly. Im in Ireland, but me and OH where thinking about going away for a few nights over the christmas, spa's in hotels usually have a "maternity"package. Im just looking up a few pregnancy massages on youtube at the minute, im nearly falling asleep just watching.... they look amazing!!

I'm not sure I would want my bump touched any more than I would want my stomach touched during massage when I was not pregnant (which is not at all). But I am thinking about getting massage for my sore shoulders and back.

I had a pregnancy massage when I was preggers with my son it was ok nothing too special, they have to be gentle with you and you are on your side the whole time. I guess its relaxing but it doesnt really do much. they dont do regular massge for pregnant women its a pregnancy massage so dont worry about them hurting the baby

My husband gave me one for my birthday and I just used three weeks or so ago. The girl didn't touch my stomach but worked on my back, shoulders and legs which are all killing me. It was wonderful. I am going to go back again this weekend or next if they have an opening.

As for being qualified... I have a friend who's a massage therapist and she had to take a specific class and pass a test to be able to perform prenatal massage. In the US, at least, you have to be specially trained to preform them. I would imagine it is the same in Britain but you can check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->