What do you think??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by BABYCAREY, Aug 23, 2009.

1. BABYCAREY

BABYCAREY mummy to a angel

I have been having these very sharp stabbing pains low down for a while and am just worried it may be something more?? Am i just being over cautious? Is it normal? I had thought if i had a scan it might put my mind to rest but midwife said if its a mc then nothing you can do will stop it(very comforting)!! What do you think?

2. Makeupdubai

Makeupdubai Well-Known Member

How far along are u? As having cramps can just be your body adjusting to the pregnancy. This is like implantation pains and/or ur uterus stretching to make room for your baby.

3. FEDup1981

FEDup1981 Mam of two & two angels

^^^ i was just about to say the same. Im sure they said to me it was the uterus stretching x

4. BABYCAREY

Im 11weeks+6!! And youngest is 8months

5. blondeNklutzi

blondeNklutzi Mika's Mommy and TTC

I'm 12 wks and I have been having shooting, stabbing, and streching pains constantly throughout my pregnancy. I talked to my OB she said that is perfectly normal and as long as there is no blood passed it usually doesn't signal a problem. When I had my u/s my peanut was perfectly happy and healthy, so I don't think its really something to worry about. Having said that, that was an incredibly insensitive thing for your midwife to say!

6. flumpy

flumpy Well-Known Member

i have been having these for the past week or so

7. mummypeanut

mummypeanut baby due march 10th

ive been getting the same thing. I had achey cramps in week 4/5 but now im getting really stabby pains. I think maybe its just growing pains (uterous, baby etc etc)

If its higher up it could be the notorious digestive problems that come with prengnancy but if its lower down it may just be the aches and pains that comes with ur uterous expanding ready for a baby. Thats what im hoping anyway.

No bleeding is good news so just keep a positive head on and everything crossed!!

How far gone are you?

8. BABYCAREY

hi im 11weeks+6 today,no no sign of blood!! thank goodness!! yeah i thought midwife was a tad HARSH!!

9. mummypeanut

mummypeanut baby due march 10th

some people (Especially professionals) dont engage brain before opening mouth.

I bet she thinks that because SHE knows your more than likely to be ok you must know the same thing. Therefore, its ok for her to make a sweeping stateemnt about miscarriage and not freak you out because you know its more than likely you're gonna be ok. Its just that thing people do when they know more about a subject than you do. they expect information to magically teleport from thier head to yours. Seriously, some people really need to think about message delivery!! :dohh:

Try to take it easy and try not to worry (easier said than done)...a happy healthy baby has a happy healthy NOT STRESSED mommy :0)

Take care xx :hugs:

10. BABYCAREY

THANKS FOR THAT. I WILL FEEL MUCH BETTER WHEN I GET MY APP THRU FOR MY SCAN!! AND ONLY THEN WHEN I SEE BABY HEARTBEAT WILL I BE HAPPY!! THIS IS MY 4TH BABY!! I REALLY SHOULD KNOW BERTTER!!lol

11. WhosThatGirl

WhosThatGirl Mommy of 4 amazing kids!

If they are sharp and stabbing pains, they are probably round ligament pains. I hope thats all it is, If your Dr is not concerned I'm sure it is :)

12. curlykate

curlykate Devin's Mommy

I've had cramps throughout my pregnancy. At first I thought they were because of AF, but when that never arrived, I knew differently. Now I call them my "growing pains".
    I think as long as there's no blood, you should be fine.
    Try not to worry too much. (I know that's easier said than done!!)

13. shocker

shocker Well-Known Member

Ive been getting cramps like that since before af was due and just assumed i was getting it, now 6weeks 6days and all is well. Try not to worry :)

14. orange zebra

orange zebra Guest

PRETTY sure its usual,
    i think your just overly scared,
    hope everything is ok

=]

15. Rach27

Rach27 Well-Known Member

I've had so many different aches and pains since I got my BFP. Sharp, dull, mild, severe, short-lived, long-lasting...yadda, yadda.

...and all the while Fuzzie ('fuzzie foetus') has been just fine!

We're all different and so will all react different to pregnancy.

Wishing you a happy and healthy time xxx

16. BABYCAREY

JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS FOR THE MESSAGES.
    IM TRYING TO PUT IT OUT OF MY MIND FOR TIME BEING!! :kiss: :hugs: