What do you think?

mumtoellie

Lucky to be mum of one
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

We've been trying to conceive our second child and we've been trying for almost a year. I came off the pill early last year and since then my cycle has varied from the normal 28 days up to 41/42 days. This has made it difficult to work out when af and ovulation is due. I started using ovulation sticks on cycle day 13 and continued until day 22. The tests came up with 2 lines but the test line was never as dark as the control line and I have read that a lot of forums were people have said it needs to be as dark or it's negative.
I did a test on cycle day 29 and 31 (today is 32) both were bfn. I have 2 tests left which I was going to do day 33 and 35. I have an app that works out when I should be due on which says Sunday (day 34) but as this only works on the info I have given over the past year it is hardly ever right.

I have had quite a few symptoms but I don't know if they're all good signs or not and a lot of symptoms for af and pg are similar but here goes:
Tiredness - I felt so tired yesterday and fell asleep at 7pm last night for a good hour and a half and still managed to nod off at the usual time, normally if I do this I can't sleep at night but not this time and I'm still tired now.
Nausea - Not enough to be sick but I had it most of yesterday and this morning too. It's odd because it's not the sort of sicky feeling that puts you off food.
Hunger - Yesterday I couldn't stop eating and today I've already had a snack which isn't like me as I don't get hungry until dinner time.
Mucus, backache, shoulder pain, cramping - which felt really bad when laid on my stomach, dizzy spells, sensitive boobs, hot flushes, heightened sense of smell, pain in groin area, gassy, headaches.

There are other things I've noticed but I'm not sure they're related. I feel I am just clutching at straws here and looking for symptoms that might not even be there. It's been a year now and I get the feeling it's never going to happen. I went to the Dr last week and had a blood test and she said my hormones are normal.

Sorry for going on a bit but wanted to be as accurate as I could. Do you think it's just af on the way? I go through this every month and I can never remember from one month to the next exactly how I feel just before af but this month I just feel different. Any advice would be fantastic thank you for reading.

Well after reading that I wanted to say don't get down on yourself about it! This is something that for most of us, takes time, but it will happen. I had just about all of those symptoms about 2 months ago and my period was even two weeks late, but of course :bfn: but im curious, your mentioned mucus, what kind???

Hi thanks for replying. It's watery and sometimes I can see a hint of really really light pink. Does that mean anything?

ummmm it might what day did you notice the really light pink? after ovulation? how soon before period?

Yesterday was the first day I noticed it and it was roughly 11 DPO but I don't know for definite.

im curious because you said your cycles can last up to 41-42 days, I would say wait until then to test, or atleast wait until 1 day after your missed period, so that way you can get an accurate result and not waste a bunch of money like I did on tests!!!! The light pink could represent implantation, but what from I've read its very rare, but who knows the body does crazy and mysterious things!! Good luck and lots of baby dust your way!!

Thank you for advice. I'll leave it a bit longer before testing again :) Good luck to you too

Thank you, but also some words of encouragement incase this isn't your month!! Don't get down on your self, theres always next month, but staying positive will get ya a :bfp: so good luck!

No problem hun, ttc times can be stressful, just know you always have us lady friends here :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->