What do you think?

AliJo

Proud mother of 3!
Reaction score
I've been trying to gradually wean my 1 year old and I have been waiting for my first postpartum menstrual cycle. I started using ovulation tests and got a positive on the 1st and 2nd of the month. So I expected my cycle around 2 weeks later. On the 18th I noticed brown discharge and figured my cycle was going to start. Nothing came of it, though. So today I get another positive ovulation test only 4 days after the brown spotting.

Mainly wondering if anyone else has had something similar. I know breastfeeding is messing with it. Just didn't expect another positive ovulation test so soon. We are playing with the idea of TTC asap or at least NTNP. Either way I would like to track and know what my body is doing.

Thanks in advance!

Have you used a HPT? If you're definitely not pregnant then I would start temping once af arrives so you have a clear idea of what's happening

I did just to rule out even though I was 99.9% sure I wasn't.

I'll have to get a basal thermometer. Not something I've done before, so it would be interesting. Now only to know when AF will arrive. I took another ovulation test and it was negative today. So I guess in 2 weeks if that was accurate yesterday. Time will only tell.

So did you see a positive OPK on CD6? Assuming you know they're only positive when the test line is as dark or darker than the control line?

Could be that you geared up to ovulate at the beginning if the month but didn't? Were the opks definitely positive and not just close?

^this is what I was wondering. It isn't unusual for me to see a darker OPK immediately after af, for it to then fade out. This cycle they were darker than they have been before which surprised me but they have become faint again now

All things are possible. The test line was as dark as the control, but it could have been a false positive.

During the brown spotting that day I did have very mild cramps which is usual for me after DS1 with a low cervix. Lasted a couple of days.

I've been sick since the 30th so that is probably complicating it as well.

I'm going to keep testing and just see what comes of it. My cycles before were generally 23-25 days. I've had them shorter, but it is unusual for them to be shorter than 23.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->