What do you think?

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
I want to start TTC in jan, i was planning on taking my last pill on 31st dec so in theory starting to try on new years day, But now i dont know wether to stop taking my pill on 1st dec and just use condoms untill jan at the moment i take the mini pill so i dont have peridods, i dont want to get pregnant any earlyer than feb, jan at a push because i have a wedding dress to fit in too and i also dont want the age gap between charlie and the new baby to be too close idealy between 16 and 18 months would be lovely, i just dont know what to do will it be best to stop taking the pill a month before staring to try or doesnt it really matter :s

Its easier to date the pregnancy if you've had a proper period and not a withdrawl bleed.

Plus theres also no guarantee you'll get pg straightaway.

That said with my 1st 2 children I stopped taking my pills at the end of the pack and fell pg straight away.

Good luck tcc whatever you decide.

Hope you get a speedy :bfp:

Personally, i would stop taking the pills and use condoms during dec. It can take a while to get your cycle back from the pill, particularly the mini pill. If you use condoms for that month then your body will have chance to start getting itself back into normal cycles. xx

i actually havnt had a period since having charlie maybe i should just stop taking them now *giggles* My OH is in the RAF so its not as if were "at it" all the time!...maybe im just getting a bit imapatint!

Personally I would go off the pill in Dec as it gives your body a chance to get the pill out of your system and to have a proper period before you start trying (and cos Im impatient lol)... but saying that if, ideally, you want to fall in Feb maybe come of the pill on 1st Jan and give your body a month to get used to being off the pill - with all the fun of trying for a baby throughout Jan xxx good luck for a :bfp:

Well after talking to OH iv decided to just stop taking the pill now! we're still going to use protection untill jan but it just gives time for my body to get back to normal

I would stop it now. Just to get your periods back on track.

Good luck, can't wait to meet your little girl :p

I would stop it now. Just to get your periods back on track.

Good luck, can't wait to meet your little girl :p

u just want me to get pregnant so u can come to my giving birth party :rofl:

my doc told me that as soon as u stop taking the pill then ur more likely to get pregnant as ur body hormones go into overdrive to get it back to normal

o0o0o misspolley! maybe i should consult my dr then! see what she has to say on the matter!

Talking to your doc would be best, you don't know how your body will react when you come off the pill, I came off in August and still no sign of AF, if I were TTC I'd be pretty frustrated by now! I would stop and use condoms in the mean time so your cycles can get back to normal

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->