What do you want to do *before* TTC?

septemberbaby

Reaction score
I already have a LO, so I'm sure some of the still childless girls on here will come up with much more fun things to do before TTC, but I thought it's be good to focus on the upsides of not being pregnant and having young babies for a while.

Before we start TTC number 2, I'd like to:

-travel to Italy. I haven't been in 6ish years, and I really miss it.
-travel to Croatia. We're making plans to meet OHs australian cousins there in 2014 and it'll be so much easier if I'm not pregnant again! (Last time we saw them we went to Budapest together and I was 28 weeks pregnant...would have enjoyed it a lot more without the bump just because of the heat, noise, no sleep...)
-move. We're in a 1 bedroom flat just now, so this is an absolute must. Hoping we'll find a nice house somewhere, with 3 bedrooms and a garden. :)
-see a few gigs! I've only been to one concert since LO was born because she was such a bad sleeper and needed boob everytime she woke up. That one I went to, she was maybe 2 months old and still staying up until we went to bed, so she just stayed in the living room with OH and I just came home straight after the gig, which was just down the road.

What are you planning on doing before TTC?

Hi, great thread.
I have a 4 year old son already before ttc2 I would like too,
-Loose at least 2 stone.
-go on atleast one more holiday just the 3 of us (that sounds very selfish)
-move home we have a 2 bed flat but would like to move to a 3 bed house so the children have there own bedroom.

Nothing exciting really :) x

I already have a LO too, she is 18 months old, so we are still up early. Would like to start TTC number 2 soon, maybe when AF arrives back after having implant removed, but before TTC would love a full nights sleep and a very long lie in haha :)

My LG is 14 months and SO and I are getting married September 2014 and hoping to move as we have a 2 bed flat. So we will start TTC September next year x

I'll be TTC my first Dec/Jan so don't have a LO yet. My 'Baby Bucket List' - to quote another of the girls on here is;

- Become debt free
- Finish all the odd jobs that need doing in our house
- Loose 3 stone
- Enjoy as much sushi and Mojhitos as possible (although I'm not sure if that one helps the one before much! :haha:

Before I TTC again:
Get married
Go honeymoon
Get lo potty trained
Get in shape
Xx

Just done:
- get a motorcycle

To Do:
- one more romantic getaway (booked for this coming November!)
- one more "girls trip" (planning for next summer)
- get a permanent position at work

Continous:
- eat healthier and start meal planning
- pay off debt/save for house (though at this point, home ownership isn't a pre-requisite for TTC.

Almost there!! I think we'll be NTNP or TTC by Sept 2014!!

What don't I want to do :blush:

Want to....

Get my Masters degree

Travel some more

Buy a house, get to decorate it grown-up style not kids style :thumbup:

Possibly get married (not super important to me though, just about everyone I've known who has married has been divorced) :shrug:

Climb the career ladder and be able to reach a high paying job

....So in 10 years will be ready :cry: haha. But in reality none of this is as important as children, it's what I want the most, so, whenever i'm ready (even if these things haven't been accomplished) :thumbup:

Before I ttc my first:

* Finish studying - not too long now as you will see by my ticker
* Find work in my field.
* Buy another car.
* Get home phone installed (don't know why but it feels like a grown up thing to do:)
* Go to South Africa
* Get married....

-Buy a house
-Get married
-Travel through Europe.
None of these are absolute requirements, just ideal. Ultimately I just want to have babies in a long term relationship with someone I love

Oh, yes, lose some weight! That's one of mine too of course (since moving to Scotland I have gained about half a stone each year, and it's time it all comes off again!)

GREAT thread!
-travel america for 4 weeks
-buy a house
-go to v festival
-go back to orlando
-finish my nvq in supporting teaching
-pass my driving test
-save lots of £££

I geeze I'm so dull, I already have an 18m old an before I ttc again I have a tattoo booked for September. My tattooist has a 6-9m waiting list so I'm not getting pregnant and cancelling lol. I'll start ttc as soon as I've had it :)

Good thread! Weve decided to WTT #3 because of the following ..

1. have both our boys sleeping in their own rooms (we co sleep)
2. have at least one boy potty trained
3. have two vehicles that can hold three car seats :haha:
4. Lose at least 15 more pounds
5. have some time to spend drinking in a bikini on the beach with my friends :haha:

We are moving next June so ideally I would like to wait till then but if we reach those goals before maybe we will NTNP? Not sure!!

Before TTC #2 I just want to...

*finish my Masters
*lose the 5kg baby weight

That's it!! We don't own a house, we won't own a house anytime soon, we already live in a 2 bed apartment and that's enough for 2 big and 2 small people, and there's no money for holidays because I've been off work for 9 months and we need to save to BUY a property at some point haha. Just that darn 5kgs and pesky Masters, and I'm good to go!

Hopefully we will start TTC Nov/Dec time. Before then I want to:

- Lose about 60lb in weight (or as near to that as possible, already lost 15.5lb)
- Clear our credit card
- Go on holiday - booked to go to Gran Canaria for 12 nights in October for possibly our last pre-baby trip abroad!
- Enjoy life and try not to wish it all away/spend ages daydreaming about babies! xx

Just done:
- get a motorcycle

To Do:
- one more romantic getaway (booked for this coming November!)
- one more "girls trip" (planning for next summer)
- get a permanent position at work

Continous:
- eat healthier and start meal planning
- pay off debt/save for house (though at this point, home ownership isn't a pre-requisite for TTC.

Almost there!! I think we'll be NTNP or TTC by Sept 2014!!

Just updating my list a year later!! Wow, time flies!!

Done:
- eat healthier, working out on a regular basis

To Do:
- one more trip/getaway
- get a permanent position at work (not a pre-requisite but going to try super hard)
- get my large tattoo (artwork completed, scheduled date for late August)

Continuous:

We are planning to TTC in October this year!! :happydance:

I would like to get more home improvements done
tone up lose half stone.
save money.

Pay off car
Buy a house
Buy second car with cash
Clean up diet
Go to a movie, in a movie theater!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts