What does baby moving feel like?!

becky789

Pregnant - 1st trimester
Reaction score
hi everyone!,

I'm 16 weeks with my first and was just wondering what it feels like when your baby moves? I've had quite a lot of tummy rumbling over the last week or so but am not sure if it is the baby moving or just gas! I've heard different things about when you usually first start to feel movement and whereabouts, could those of you who have felt your babies move fill me in?! :)

Thanks xx

hi hun congrtaulations on your pregnancy. Every movement feels different really. i started feeling proper movements and kicks around 18-19 weeks, they get stronger each day. i felt the first movements quite low below since the baby wasnt that high up then. they were just like his little knee pushing against my uterus, you can just picture the baby's position anyway when he/she moves. but for the last 8-9 weeks his kicks are really low (he is breech) and you can almost grab his foot anyway. punches are just above my belly button and and again, you feel the little hands, they are rounder and quicker. i like the shoulder ones as well kinda like shrugging :) like when he turns sideways under your hand.

i dont know if this is helpful..

best of luck with your pregnancy xxxxx

For me, I felt a very faint fluttering around the same stage as you but then I didn't really feel much until basically the last week. Now what I'm feeling is like kicks or pushes - it's a very distinct feeling that I can't mistake for gas! I think the key to knowing for sure if it's your baby that you're feeling or not, is where are you feeling the rumblings? You're likely to feel your baby down low at this stage, ie well below your bellow button.

When I first felt LO move it was like someone blowing through a straw into a glass of water. It felt like the bubbles rising. Since then it's become more like actual kicks and wriggles.

thanks ladies, i think what i'm feeling is too high as all around tummy button, cant wait to feel him kick! am conscious of all movement in there at the moment though so probably just hungry! x

thanks ladies, i think what i'm feeling is too high as all around tummy button, cant wait to feel him kick! am conscious of all movement in there at the moment though so probably just hungry! x

:lol:
I know what you mean, I was analysing EVERYTHING I felt!! It won't be long til you get the unmistakeable movements though, that will put a smile on your face for sure :)

Kind of felt like a bubbley feeling to begin with, its quite hard to describe, i wasnt sure at first but as time goes on they start to feel like proper kicks :)! x

I have definatley started to feel baby moving in the past week or so and I can only describe it as like someone flicking me from inside if that makes sense (doesn't actually but its hard to explain!)
I thought I felt it move prior to that but thought it was wind :blush:

When I first started feeling movement it felt like .. a fish was moving around creating pressure. I still get that feeling, just stronger, but now I get little "pops" or how I describe it is, someone is giving me little finger flicks from the inside. It's all quite low down .. about 1 inch below my belly button and between my hip bones. It actually has been getting stronger this week (I guess as the lil pickle grows)

Its very peculiar, but awesome :)

How far gone are you? I'm 19 weeks tomorrow and heard babys hb on the doppler right by my bellybutton.
I felt the start of movement a few weeks ago. It felt like holding a butterfly in your hands. . .but obv in your tummy. X

Best way i can describe it is its like a pulse in your belly. Huge congrats on your pregnancy!

first movements reminded me of like when you blow a bubble with bubblegum and it pops, that sort of poppy feeling,
now its getting quite uncomfortable!
i can feel him dragging his feet or hands along my insides its weird,
the best was when i saw on 20wk scan him stretch his arm out above his head and i felt it hit me :) was amazing, xx

Best way i can describe it is its like a pulse in your belly. Huge congrats on your pregnancy!

its exactly like that, like when your heartbeats really fast you can feel it like beating

exactly like that just in your stomach and only one or two times haha, xxx

I'd have said like a pulse too. But obviously not as regular. I can often feel my pulse in my belly but the baby moving was just not in synch with my heartbeat at all.

That was at 14w. Now at 18 I have just started feeling more bubbly movements. I was still unsure at 14 as to whether it really was the baby but these movements are really definite. Like someone gently flicking me from the inside. Or you know when your guts sort of rearrange themselves and bubble (if you've just eaten or been to the loo say). Well like that. But in your uterus if that makes sense :lol:

I've also felt something sweep across my belly (I think doing the dance to greased lightning) a few times :)

i feel a lot of pressure well below my bellybutton and it feels like little pulses - i'm assuming its the little one :)

Hia,im 17 weeks and I'm getting the same feelings I thought it was gas but mine was lower down and since about 15 weeks its getting stronger and stronger every day and lasting for longer. All I can decribe it as, is its like nerves or flutters in your stomach. :) Feels amazing. :)

I'm 22 weeks tomorrow and it feels like a twitch i can't control going off every now and then. (You know the type of twitches you randomly get in your bum cheek or eyelids? kinda like those)

This is my first, but I've been feeling movement since 12 weeks. I read somewhere that if you pressed on your uterus at 12+ weeks you can make the baby move. I tried it once and it worked!! Which let me know exactly what Baby felt like moving around in there. Sometimes it feels like butterflies in my stomach...kind of like when you're really nervous about something....and yet there are other times when it hurts (a kick to the kidney or pubic bone, anyone?) but kind of like someone just poking you too hard with their finger. Then there was one time...and it only happened once that I know of...where it felt like Baby laid right up against the edge of my uterus and stretched out his or her body. Felt like something was trying to crawl up and out of my tummy!!!

I can't wait until the movements are more pronounced and I can feel them on a regular basis...I don't notice them much...usually its a "Surprise Mommy! I"m here!!" moment and I nearly jump out of my skin with surprise :haha:

For me it felt a bit like a gas bubble, except it didn't move around like gas bubbles can, it was sort of like a gentle tapping or popping sensation on the inside. And I didn't have to fluff afterwards, like I normally would after feeling a gas bubble moving along. It was quite low down in my belly, a bit to the left, which seems to be his/hers preferred place for hanging out. I almost always feel it in the same spot.

I only just started feeling these movements a couple weeks ago , and I'm just about 20 weeks along with baby number one. I haven't felt a full on kick yet, and I only managed to feel these little movements once with my hand on the outside, it's still pretty gentle, but they are getting stronger and more frequent. I'm also getting a sense of his/her routine, active times and lazy times, which is so COOL! :happydance:

Enjoy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->