What does Para mean on Notes?

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone could tell me, on your Maternity notes, what Para means. I think its number of pregnancies, but is that including the new pregnancy, or not? Did that makes sense? So if you had one child and were expecting another, would it say 1 or 2? xx

Gravida 2 Para 1, means 2 pregnancies (including the current one) and one live child...for example. Some units write miscarriages as gravida 2 +1, which means 2 pregnancies plus a miscarriage.

I primagravida is a first time mum and multigravida is a second+ time mum as in first time pregnant or subsequent pregnancy.

so what should mine say, 4 or 5? xx

Gravida 5, Para 3? You're on your fifth pregnancy, with 3 live kids from looking at your signature.

Actually, no, Eve would bring it up to 4, G5 P4. The para thing means live birth which she was of course x

On mine it say Para 4 and then in brackets (1 NND)- Neonatal death. I just feel a bit upset that it doesnt say 5 if that makes sense. I know it sounds silly, but she counts just as much as my others. Thanks for clearing it up hun xxxxx

I've confused myself now :haha: I have had 4 live births an this is my 5th baby, so is 4 right?!

Your are G5 P4

Parity means any birth after 24 weeks gestation, she has been included in your total births, they have just made a note that she was a NND.

If someone is pregnant, has had a birth after 24 weeks & a loss before 24 weeks it would be G3 P1+1.

Hope this helps.x.

Thanks hun :flower: know it sounds silly but would upset me if she wasn't included xxx

Yes she definitely is included in the live birth/para part. You've had 4 live births, including Eve, and have been pregnant a total of 5 times including right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->