what does this mean!!"

zoehamp

mutha of 2 and pregnant
Reaction score
hi ladies, i had my 20wk scan on friday and in my notes she has put, ant fund/l

what does this mean. sorry for having blonde moment, lol

Don't know for sure, ant I would think is anterior ... which section has she noted it under? Fund sounds something like fundal ... but these are just guesses.

Basically, your placenta is at the front at the top of your uterus. Fab location!!

"The front wall of the uterus is called the anterior wall, the back wall is the posterior wall. The placenta may also be described as being 'fundal', which is right at the top of your uterus: in other words, the top of your bump."

Stolen from here... https://www.babycenter.ca/pregnancy/complications/anteriorplacentaexpert/

I should have blagged that and pretended I was really clever!! lol

HTH

ah thanks, it must of sounded strange, lol. she wrote it on the sheet they tick wen ya have ya scan, under placenta. i wasnt to sure if it was anything to worry about as they normally jus tick it. thank u girls

ooh how interesting- I must check my notes.. but the handwriting is really bad- I cant really make sense of anything oon there its all just scribble to me! lol

lol tell me bout it. i thought i'd ask as i know this is 1 place i know somone would know. lol. and thank you for replys, x x

I love the way they just expect you to know - it really frustrates me - I'd like to know!

yer they do just expect ya to know, i think it quite bad, the thing is she just wrote in m notes not explaining what she found, apart from pocket of blood which is nothin to worry about as it doesnt effect baby in any way

I reckon they should give us a midwife translation book! I cant even read my m/ws shorthand half the time!!

I reckon they should give us a midwife translation book! I cant even read my m/ws shorthand half the time!!

yer i think they should too, be alot easier for us to understand. yer tell me bout it i have different midwife each time ive seen sum1 so far. its the older midwifes who are terrible at writing, lol.

yer i think they should too, be alot easier for us to understand. yer tell me bout it i have different midwife each time ive seen sum1 so far. its the older midwifes who are terrible at writing, lol.

I know what you mean, my main m/w is older and her handwriting looks like a spiders run accross the page the young one I saw last week, the handwritin is similar to mine and shes about my age!

I know what you mean, my main m/w is older and her handwriting looks like a spiders run accross the page the young one I saw last week, the handwritin is similar to mine and shes about my age!

lol. they need lessons on writing, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->