What does white CM mean?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Delamere19, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Delamere19

Delamere19 Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys!

I'm about 8dpo and getting white CM. it's not stretchy, just in my underwear. What does this mean? Is it cos my AF is due on sunday?

2. Delamere19

3. Crypto1976

Crypto1976 Guest

I had it when I was pregnant and I had it when I wasnt pregnant. Not much help but CM is not a very good indicator of pregnancy. X

4. Mrs Doddy

Mrs Doddy 1 pink 1 blue

what crypto said - sorry not much help but I don't think that it means an awful lot

5. vaniilla

vaniilla Well-Known Member

I found this online and I hope it helps :)

Different Types of Discharge

White: Thick, white discharge is common at the beginning and end of your cycle. Normal white discharge is not accompanied by itching. If itching is present, thick white discharge can indicate a yeast infection.

Clear and stretchy: This is "fertile" mucous and means you are ovulating.

Clear and watery: This occurs at different times of your cycle and can be particularly heavy after exercising.

Yellow or Green: May indicate an infection, especially if thick or clumpy like cottage cheese or has a foul odor.

Brown: May happen right after periods, and is just "cleaning out" your vagina. Old blood looks brown.

Spotting Blood/Brown Discharge: This may occur when you are ovulating/mid-cycle. Sometimes early in pregnancy you may have spotting or a brownish discharge at the time your period would normally come. If you have spotting at the time of your normal period rather than your usual amount of flow, and you have had sex without using birth control, you should check a pregnancy test.

6. TTC4No3

TTC4No3 Mom of 3

My CM during both pregnancies was clear EWCM; but like Crypto said CM is not a good indicator of pregnancy, white CM happens when not pregnant too.

7. camocutie2006

camocutie2006 Elijah's Mommy!

good info vaniilla!

8. Delamere19

Thanks ladies the info is very helpful x