What does your LO usually eat?

K

Kalah

I'm just curious what other babies eat for their 2-3 meals in the day. I'm looking for inspiration on some different things to give my picky little eater.
If you give pre-made food what kind and do you mix it with anything (like rice or cereal). I'm mainly trying to figure out what to give for lunch and dinner just to give her more variety.

I'd be interested in the replies for this too. :thumbup:

My LO has baby porridge or toast soldiers for breakfast.

She enjoys mashed potato mixed with mashed reduced salt and sugar baked beans and grated cheese, home made spaghetti bolognese and she also enjoys eating cooked green beans as they are easy to hold. She's a bit fussy with jars but she does like the grandpas sunday lunch which I think is cow and gate.

Her fave puddings at the moment are the banana and mango rice pudding from cow and gate or apricot petits filous.

:flower:

Any meat - chicken, ham, beef - Loves it in any form.
Beans, pasta, cheese, bagels, cheese sandwiches (hot or cold), applesauce, whatever he can beg off my plate.

I'm ding BLW but for breakfast we have some kind of fruit slices (melon usually) and toast or yoghurt. Lunch is sticks of veg with falafels, pitta bread or rice cakes and tzatziki which she can't get enough of!

I've been making lots of shepherds pie, spaghetti bolognese, tuna and tomato pasta, homemade potato wedges, homemade veggie burgers. Green beans, broccoli and baby corn are great because they are so easy to hold!

Maya has weetabix with fruit or berries for breakfast, and for main meals things like beef/chicken casserole, pastas, veggies (broccoli, sweet potato and butternut squash are big favourites) with rice and beef/chicken, risotto, veggie bakes with beans, salmon with broccoli and mash.. Snacks are usually philly on toast, rice crackers, fruit (she loves mangos) and she usually has either some fruit or a yoghurt or a fromage frais for pudding.

Do any of you who do use jars have problems getting LO to take stage 2 food? I've noticed she really hates the lumps. She eats actual whole food just fine though so I guess it's alright. My HV had mentioned I need to get her onto stage 2 foods so I've been trying everything!

Whatever I eat. Whole wheat bread, avocado, cheese, turkey, spicy taco meat, lol!

Mainly whatever we eat. Any type of meat, all veggies, yoghurts, cereals, eggs, cheese spread, little bits of bread, baked beans, pasta etc...only thing she wont eat is fruit.

Mainly whatever we eat. Any type of meat, all veggies, yoghurts, cereals, eggs, cheese spread, little bits of bread, baked beans, pasta etc...only thing she wont eat is fruit.

Sounds exactly like Gabriel.

Are you open to the idea of BLW? We used to do TW and he was quite picky (in fact would only eat banana, and turkey with sweet potato jars), but then we switched to BLW at 7 months and after 2 weeks, he eats literally everything, including hot curry and salsa! If she's fussy with jars but okay with whole food (like finger food), she may just be upset about not being able to pick/eat/hold it herself, rather than rejecting the actual taste

breakfast normally porridge, yoghurt and some toast
lunch some fruit, squash/carrot puree, some rusks,banana or organix nibbles for the afternoon
for dinner she has cottage pie (her fave) or yesterday was fish pie and brocolli and she loved it, also likes chicken and vegetable hotpot

we are sort of mixing BLW with standard weaning on purees, as sometimes she doesnt get enough from the finger food she takes so I step in lol

Are you open to the idea of BLW? We used to do TW and he was quite picky (in fact would only eat banana, and turkey with sweet potato jars), but then we switched to BLW at 7 months and after 2 weeks, he eats literally everything, including hot curry and salsa! If she's fussy with jars but okay with whole food (like finger food), she may just be upset about not being able to pick/eat/hold it herself, rather than rejecting the actual taste

I have actually been thinking of BLW the past few days since I've realized she does really love to eat the real food I give her. She's gotten used to eating the amount of food she gets from purees now so I think I'll have to just mix in finger foods and top up with purees. I was too scared to do BLW at 6 months, but now she's older I feel a little better about the idea. Plus she's already choked a few times and we both got over it so I'm more confident that I'll know what to do! She does eat pretty much anything I stick in her hand though, caught hear stealing my spinach leaves the other day!

Aww :) Well looks like she is more curious to do things on her own. Give it a shot and see how it goes! Good luck

Aww :) Well looks like she is more curious to do things on her own. Give it a shot and see how it goes! Good luck

Yes she does seem to be a little miss independent! Even pulls her bib off when she's decided to stop eating :dohh: (I didn't teach her that!!) I'm not sure yet if it's good or bad!:haha:

Yes she does seem to be a little miss independent! Even pulls her bib off when she's decided to stop eating :dohh: (I didn't teach her that!!) I'm not sure yet if it's good or bad!:haha:

Haha Ivy slowly and methodically starts picking pieces of food up and throwing them on the floor when she's done. Little madams. :rofl:

Haha Ivy slowly and methodically starts picking pieces of food up and throwing them on the floor when she's done. Little madams. :rofl:

:haha: As I read that my LO caught me looking at the screen and threw an apple rice cake at her sleeping daddy :rofl:
Even young they really do get so much personality!

I just started Bella a few weeks ago and am starting veggies, cereal and meat first.

I've done Rice cereal w/banana, oat cereal, Peas, Green Beans, Butternut Squash, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Turkey, Chicken in Broth (she hates this though, lol), Carrots.

I am trying Cauliflower, Parsnips, Broccoli and Salmon before I start introducing some fruits.

The first fruits I got are banana, avocado, apricots and peaches.

He doesn't really like any meats. But my FOB tends to feed him a fruit that he loves and he'll sneak in some meat too, :haha: but I've never done that when I feed! We give him like baby rice mixed with vegetables 2 x a day and than baby rice mixed with fruit for dinner usually. He likes mostly everything, it just depends if he's in the mood to eat. :flower:

Doing more BLW, so sweet potato sticks (cut up to fingerfood size and boiled), most fruit (hates melon) and apricot is this week's favorite, I make her some stuff, like I made little baby burgers, basically mince, rice and egg (I put pear in some of them) pureed and baked, scrambled egg or egg yolk (if you want to introduce egg), cheese, looves avocado. Zucchini/courgettes other assorted fingerfood veg.
She's having some trouble with wheat so am not doing toast at the moment, but likes anything on bread too.

Joe loves all the Annabel Karmel recipes, particuarly the mild chicken and apricot curry. He has a lot of red lentil bake with sweet potato and carrot in, lots of fish and chicken in a basic white cheese sauce (flour, butter, milk, cheese), beef casserole cooked until the beef has fallen apart, beans mixed with butternut sqush 'mash'. He has carbs with every meal so pasta, brown rice or cous cous and lunch is always followed by fruit mixtures of whatever is in season/on offer.

Mainly though, like I say, he just loves all the AK stuff. Her recipe book was my best purchase!

The only thing I am struggling for him to eat is egg, but if it is mixed in with beans or something else he has it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->