What does your one yr old say?

lau86

Reaction score
My dd has been a complete grump recently but I think she has been working on her language. She tries to copy everything I say and sings wheels on the bus! Not completely clearly obviously but I can tell that's what it is. She can't walk and seems to be following the trend of girls working more on their speech than movement. She doesn't shut up!
What does your one yr old say?

Nothing. .. lol
As of yet anyway.. She did a sorta vroom sound today while playing with a toy car.. this is a first lol

She does the actions for wind my bobbin up and beep beep for the horn on the bus.

I think songs are very important for speech development. We are also teaching her a few basic makaton signs that DD1 still uses .
x

My 1 year old says mom, dad, dog, cat. Although dog and dad sound very similar. She doesn't really mimic our hand motions or sounds, but she is walking and seems much more interested in moving than in communication. If I try to sit down with her and do songs or something she only stays interested for a few seconds before she runs off, she never stops moving!

My DD is more interested on the movement side of things she has been walking since 10 months and now is running about and climbing on everything :wacko:

She says Mum, Dada, makes car noises, gone, ta, Hiya - she generally points at things or gets it herself! :dohh:

She is starting to copy what her brother does so I think she will start communicating more soon - she does wheel on the bus actions and loves dancing around :cloud9:

My son on the other hand was more into communication & problem solving (puzzles etc) than movement (didn't start walking until after 1) :shrug: so he could say quite a bit at one

At this point it's more like what doesn't she say! Even, erm, words that mummy says sometimes when she should :dohh: She's a right little chatterbox.

DD is 15 months and she doesn't say a lot but she loves to sing, her favorite is the main bit of Let It Go from Frozen :haha:. She can't pronounce all the words but it sounds kind of like "ey it Go! Ey it GOOO!" Lol. Also happy birthday and row row your boat. She can say Mummy, Daddy, Ted, Violet (Eye-et), star, wow, go, poo-poo, there, night night, no, yeah and row-row. That's all I can think of; she had a few other words which she used to say but hasn't said for weeks/months, it's like she can only store 10 or so words at once :haha:

Gracie is 14 months. She doesn't have a lot of language but I think she has a great understanding of language. It really has developed in the last two months.

-she waves for "hi"and "bye" and sometimes responds "aye" for either.
-she gives a kiss when asked. She will also kiss her doll if you ask her to. If she wants a kiss she shouts "mwah" and pouts.
-she knows mumma, dadda, daddy, mum, dad, papa and calls her grans "ann"
-she recognises our dogs name and points at him if we mention it. If we say "shout on the dog" she clicks (the way you would call a dog) and taps her leg.
-she also does the same for cats but instead says "chhh chh"
-if you ask her what a dog does she goes "woof woof" and if you ask what a bird does she flaps her arms.
-she knows several toys by name and will go get them when asked - she cant say the names though.
-she nods and shakes her head for yes and no. Sometimes she also says "ess" and "o"
-she is starting to really copy us. She has a doll which she has really started playing with properly in the last few weeks. She "shh" it to sleep and feeds it. She also hugs and kisses it. She pats its back.

Absolutely nothing. He points and days "eh eh eh" has in the past said dadda but nothing else. He was quick physically - walked at 10 months, eats with cutlery himself and that sort of thing but is not interested in talking. My friends little one is a little older than him but is only just walking. He can say lots like daddy, mummy, juice, bit and knows 1,2,3. They are all different x

My three have all been so different! My oldest was really physical and didn't start talking till well after two, he was assessed by speech and language but is fine. My second son has always had brilliant speech and was also walking early too. My daughter has good communication and speech I think for her age but can't/ won't walk

My eldest daughter at 10 months used to drop her food on the floor on purpose and then say 'uh oh'.

Dd2 is 11 months and doesn't have as many words as dd1 at the same age (I think). I think dd1 was saying things like bird and plane and baby at 13 months.
Dd2 can say daddadada for dad and mom mom mom for mum.
She feeds herself
She is just walking
She does the actions to Incy wincy spider (as best she can) and if you're happy and you know it clap your hands.
I ask her for cuddles and she cuddles me and goes 'awhhhhhhhhhhh).

DD2 doesn't really say anything. She can say dada and baba. She makes the right sounds for uh oh and bye, and can nod no and wave hello/goodbye. Mostly DD1 talks for her.

Saying that DD1 was very much the same as DD2 at this age in the sense that she wasn't very vocal and then when she hit 14/15 months she started talking in full sentences. And hasn't stopped since :rofl:

I forgot, Gracie can also do round and round the garden and this little piggy, as in if I sing the song and give her my hand she does the movements (even tickles me!) plus she can point out several body parts - her head, eyes, nose, teeth, tummy, feet, toes and mouth.

We are teaching her the actions to head shoulders knees and toes too.

I'm honestly amazed at how much her understanding has come on since she turned one. Before that I was actually worried about her understanding. She can also solve simple problems and is very inquisitive.

Daisy is 15 months she says dad, dada daddy oh and grandad.... belle and cat I've heard her say mum once! Yet to hear it again lol x

Mine says Dada in proper context and bye bye. He says mama, but I'm pretty sure it's just babble. Probably shouldn't have read this thread because it feeds my concerns of my 13 month olds lack of vocabulary. At least he's very chatty.

Mine says Dada in proper context and bye bye. He says mama, but I'm pretty sure it's just babble. Probably shouldn't have read this thread because it feeds my concerns of my 13 month olds lack of vocabulary. At least he's very chatty.

That is exactly where Gracie was at 13m. I was also worried. She's also not walking yet at nearly 15m. They are all different.

Mine didn't say anything right at a year. But she did say a couple words, cat and I think dog, from about 13 months, with more mostly animal words and mama and dada and hi and bye by around 18 months. She walked at 15 months.

My son only said ba until around 16 months. He then said 'yeah' and was trying 'bur' for bird and 'buh' for bubble. This was pretty much it until 18.5 months. Now at 19 months he has over 40 words

He walked assisted at 10 months and unaided by 12-13. He didn't crawl until 11 months and it lasted about a week

My son had zero words at 12 months.. zero :p
first word at 14 months.. and now..3 days shy of 2, speaks in 2-3 word phrases.. has a good vocab

also, he walked at 17 months :D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"