What DPO do you usually give up on PT'ing?

Stormborn

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm just curious at which day post-ovulation do you usually call it and realize you're not going to get a BFP? I'm on 11 DPO and have been testing every day since 8 (I've seen so many of you get BFPs on days 8 through 10!) and have gotten NOTHING, but have been experiencing those annoying could-be-pregnant-or-could-be-PMS signs since last weekend. UGH, when should I stop hoping for this month?

I'm glad you asked this question ... is it usual to get BFP's @ 8-10 DPO as I keep seeing so many! But then I've also read implantation is most common @ 9 DPO so surely that would mean BFP's are more likely at say 11-14 DPO? It's been confusing me as this is my first month TTC! If there is no line by say day 14 are you pretty much out?

Thanks for any info!

I'm glad you asked this question ... is it usual to get BFP's @ 8-10 DPO as I keep seeing so many! But then I've also read implantation is most common @ 9 DPO so surely that would mean BFP's are more likely at say 11-14 DPO? It's been confusing me as this is my first month TTC! If there is no line by say day 14 are you pretty much out?

Thanks for any info!

I've read implantation could happen from 6 up to 12 DPO, so I have no idea who to believe, and I see photos of people's dip tests that look like there's nothing there and other people are like "I see the line!" so I always feel a little like I have no idea what I'm doing. :cry:

Totally the same! I can never see the lines :-/ I took my own FRER today and stared at it for ages but it's negative I'm sure. I think I might be 11DPO but could be more, could be less!

I get literally no ovulation symptoms so ovulation is a bit of a stab in the dark for me, so who knows when I should expect a test to show anything. I guess if AF hadn't shown by 35 days, I'll give it another go!

I've been using OPKs and I got a two day positive which I thought was weird, so I have no real idea when I might have ovulated. But Fertility Friend tells me the days we BD'd gave me an excellent chance of conceiving. I almost hate that they get my hopes up that way, you know? Fingers crossed for you, bollz!

I'm having all the same thoughts and questions... so glad to know I'm not the only one now lol

I have seen some women say they don't get a :bfp: until after they miss a period , but honestly I don't think it's very common. In each of my 3 pregnancies, I got a clear positive by 9 or 10 dpo. It's possible to implant late or ovulate later than you think, but I've let myself get my hopes up too much with that thinking. I know for me, if I don't see a :bfp: by 10dpo, I'm out. Of course every woman is different. :hugs:

Thanks for any info!

I've read implantation could happen from 6 up to 12 DPO, so I have no idea who to believe, and I see photos of people's dip tests that look like there's nothing there and other people are like "I see the line!" so I always feel a little like I have no idea what I'm doing. :cry:
Oh honey don't feel bad! :hugs: How long have you been ttc? I've been at it for 2 years and have suffered 3 losses. And a lot of women on here have been trying even longer , and we just have lots of experience testing and checking for early positives and all that jazz. I'd be glad to help if you have any questions. Did you take any pictures of your tests?

It depends on the kind of test you use too. I got my bfp on an IC and FRER at 11 DPO. I tested with an IC at 10 DPO and bfn. My FRER was pretty dark so I'm thinking if I had used it 10 DPO I'd have gotten a line then? I count myself out at 11 DPO now but before my bfp I would test up to 14 DPO. I hate ICs though as I can see a line every time I use one. It's not a + line, just a shadow where the strip is. I'm not using FRERs every time though, way too expensive to waste on my poas habit! So I'd say unless you had a bfp at 10/11/12 DPO it's too early to count yourself out then. Keep testing with cheapies till 13/14 DPO. Good luck!

Hi ladies can i join you?? I wouldnt count yourself out until AF comes, sometimes you can O later than you thought and sometimes the hormone isnt high enough to detect until after AF is due as this depends on when inplantation occured, our doc told us it takes around 10-12 days for the hormone to be high enough to be detected, and some women will never get a positive but be clearly pregnant. My friend had ultrasounds to confirm her pregnancy and even by the time she was 14wks preg her pregnancy tests were still negative.... She had a very healthy little girl.

Same pregnant again and it has happened again, she is due in october and had to have her PG confirmed via an ultrasound.

Please stay hopeful and positive. X

Thank you so much for all the advice! I guess the best thing is to keep going until AF arrives so long as you are used to having them on a monthly basis and there are no underlying problems! Good luck to all you guys trying! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->