What else can we do? :-S

LunarSpoon

Cautiously Expecting #2
Reaction score
So for some context, we have been TTC for 3 months now (we started in April). I have a fairly good idea of when I ovulate, based off of cycle duration, cm, and other "O' symptoms. We've been BDing everyday (or close to it) during my fertile window for the last few months.

I am 22 yo, hubby is 32 yo. We are both fairly healthy, we've been working on eating better. I take daily prenatals and he is starting up on a men's multivitamin.

He does only have one testicle, and he's been that way since birth. Exploratory surgery when he much younger never revealed a second having ever been in existence. We realize low sperm count may be an issue because of this, but I've heard plenty of success stories of men with similar issues.

I'm wondering if there is anything we can do to boost our chances of conceiving this month? I'll likely ovulate sometime in the 20th-22nd window, and I am using OPKs to better monitor the exact timing. Any suggestions on timing BDing, i.e. every other day vs every day, diet, etc?

I realize it can also just take TIME, but I'm impatient by nature ;-)

3 months is really, not that bad. Keep doing what you are doing, you can chart your temps if you want. But you seem like your on a good track. A healthy normal couple (which I would consider that, even though he has on testicle) could take a year to conceive.

To be fair sounds like you're doing everything right and 3 months isn't long, I'd give it 6 months and if still nothing head to the docs and maybe get your partners fertility test sorted out?

I agree with others. Even though three months feels like forever to you, it really isn't long at all. Has he gotten a semen analysis done? I'd probably considering that at either the 6 month mark, or 12 months. Good luck!

Keep doing what you are doing. Remeber there is a whole lot more going on than simple egg must meet sperm. Hence why there is only a 25% each month to fall pregnant. It is just basically timing, and it's not simple. You may or may not release an egg, if you do, great, but Sperm also has to 'mature' for 10-12 hours before it can even penetrate an egg, sperm ideally need to be waiting for the egg rather than the other way around, as the egg only lasts 12-24 hours before 'dying'. Sperm need to be strong and healthy to get to the egg (fastest/.strongest wins) the rest are too slow/die off.

It's a tricky and sometimes long processes, at your age you would usually try for a year before a Dr will start investigations, however hubby is older so he could gets his swimmers checked after 6 months if nothing happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->