What else could bleeding in middle of period be?

fafa girl

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have lurked on here for a couple of years but we only started trying last month. I would actually saw we are more NTNP as we are not charting/ counting when i would be ovulating etc..

Anyway, my periods are pretty irregular and so it is very difficult to tell when i am due to ovulate... last week which would be about 14 days after the first day of my last period I had some very light bleeding - only a couple of spots over a few hours and since then NOTHING else.

I have had my period for many years and have NEVER bled in between them...I am thinking that this cannot be implantation bleeding as there is just no way after only a few attempts without contraception we would get pregnant (I obviously know its possible but I just can't believe it would happen to me)

What else could this be if not Implantation Bleed?

hmmm... there have been three times when I had mid-cycle bleeding.. one was when I had my ectopic (I swear I was having a early period, bled small amounts for a couple of days and then nothing), the second was after I came off of BCP and my hormones were still regulating (stress can also cause the hormone to go out of whack and thus cause the mid cycle bleed) and then third, when I ovulated last cycle.. I had small amount of blood when I wiped and nothing else.

since you said that it was on CD14, I am thinking it was ovulation bleed.. because unless you conceived on CD 6, CD 14 would be too early for implantation.

It is TOTALLY possible that you conceived even after DTD only a few times... when I conceived DD, I only DTD twice that month.. just imagine how shocked I was when I found out I was pregnant!! (I had no symptoms, but was cleaning one day, felt faint.. took a shower and fainted.. took a test and pos.)

I know it is tough, but the only thing you can do right now is wait and see :(

thanks very much for the reply... you are right I'm just going to wait it out.... i go on holiday next week and think I would like to know before I go.... just so I know if I can enjoy some cocktails or not! My period is due round about that time but as I said they are pretty irregular so not sure when.

I don't think it was IB but just seems very strange that I have never had ovulation bleed before and then the month I start trying is when I get it... hmmm another week to wait and see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"