What else does the baby need?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by mrsraggle, Dec 24, 2009.

1. mrsraggle

mrsraggle Wifey & Mummy

I have a large family and we're lucky that all close relatives want to buy something big for their great/grandchild.

My Grandparents are buying the cot.
    My parents in law are buying the travel system.

And my Dad wants to buy something... but what else can we ask for that's around the cot/pram price range that we'll need? We have the nursery sorted really so can't ask for wardrobe/chest of drawers.

Any ideas?

2. poppy666

poppy666 My family Complete x

Hmmmm what about a professional photo shoot for once the baby is born? :hugs:

3. Jadeyydoe

Jadeyydoe Guest

ask for a 3d scan :D

4. Vicyi

Vicyi Me & Mine

A voucher for mothercare or somewhere?
    Or a baby breathing monitor/baby monitor?

5. Jadeyydoe

Jadeyydoe Guest

omg you can actually buy a baby breathing monitor?

6. adams28

adams28 Guest

moses basket, changing mat, or station bath loads of nappies, baby wipes/cotton wool, bouncer chair, high chair, walker (when get older) toys clothes they may not match the price but they soon add upto them two prices.

7. mrsraggle

mrsraggle Wifey & Mummy

I'm pretty OK at photography myself so going to do all my own. Fab idea though, thanks x

8. honeygrl

honeygrl Well-Known Member

One of the really comfy sling/baby carrier things. They are nice for going places where a stroller doesn't fit in well.

Baby swings and bouncey seats are nice. Some babies don't like them but some babies adore them.

Travel playpens are nice. Some fold up small enough for the trunk of your car and are nice for when you are sleeping someplace other than home. I use to use one at my MILs house a lot and when I visited people who had too much stuff laying around for baby to play on the floor.

9. KamKol

KamKol Mother of one

Tell him to buy you a digital camcorder (if you don't already have one) so you can record your baby from the day s/he arrives into the world up until 18 years! I'm going to be doing that. :thumbup:

10. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

A changing table? Or you could just get money to put into a savings account for the baby?

I thiiiiiiiink what she's talking about is the movement monitors? They're very sensitive and they alert you if baby doesn't move for 20 seconds (including breathing as far as I understand).

xx

11. littlegoth666

littlegoth666 Well-Known Member

that is a brill one i got the dvd for mine it was so happy to see my twin once more r.i.p babe

12. LogansMama

LogansMama Well-Known Member

13. Bee26

Bee26 Mummy to Charlie bear!

A rocking horse for when they are a little older?? i still have mine from when i was little. Vouchers is always good too.. xx

14. mrsraggle

mrsraggle Wifey & Mummy

Fantastic idea!