What else don't I know lol?

MrsBop

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
I really fancied some peanuts ages ago but forgot about them until today, I opened them, ate a couple and then I thought 'am I allowed?' I googled and no your not supposed to when breastfeeding :nope::blush: Is there other foods we're supposed to avoid?

Needless to say the peanuts went straight in the bin :dohh:

As far as i know no food is off limits while breastfeeding as long as itsin moderation... a handful of peanuts wont hurt :hugs:

You can have peanuts when breastfeeding, you may want to avoid them if there is a history of allergies in your family but otherwise your fine to have them

There are NO foods that a mother should avoid simply because she is breastfeeding. It is generally recommended that you eat whatever you like, whenever you like, in the amounts that you like and continue to do this unless you notice an obvious reaction in your baby to a particular food. There is no such thing as a "LIST OF FOODS THAT BREASTFEEDING MOTHERS SHOULD NOT EAT" because most nursing moms can eat anything they want, and because the babies who are sensitive to certain foods are each unique - what bothers one may not bother another. If you have a family history of allergies, you might want to avoid certain foods (for example, peanuts or dairy), but again, this would be different for every child.

From https://kellymom.com/nutrition/mom/mom-foods.html#list

ive had loads of snickers im sure its fine

I eat them and I'm BFing AND pregnant. I think it's mostly if you have a family history of asthma and allergies otherwise I'd eat them. :)

To be honest I haven't limited my diet at all for bfing - I figured I did that for 9 months and there was no way it was going to keep on while bfing too! My step mother tried to convince me I couldn't have chocolate while bfing because of the caffeine and I'm embarrassed to say it was almost a deal breaker for me! :blush:

Lol at the chocolate thing :D I ate peanut butter when preggers once the new FSA guidelines came out saying everyone could and I've not stopped eating anything while bfing.

My sister told me the peanut thing but I've already eaten tons of peanut butter so why stop now? Lol
the only thing I've avoided is chocolate because my mom said I would get diarrhea from it as a baby when she was bf me. I still do have some now and then but not a lot like I usually eat. Lol and I try to avoid beans because I made chili once and my poor LO was in so much gas pain that night. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->