What excercise do YOU do :) ?

L

Love Bunny

What excercise do you do to keep in shape/lose weight? What works for you?

Thought this thread would be good for people stuck in an excercise rut and maybe give others a few ideas to try something new!

My main excercises are sit ups and hooping, I reaaallly wouldn't mind a treadmill or excercise bike though! I'm not a huge fan of gyms so I prefer stuff I can do in my home and garden :D plus its either cheap or FREE!!!

x

Currently I do plenty of walking, I used to do long distance running and very much miss it:-(

The only exercise I do at the moment is going out every day with the pram for a walk of a couple of miles at least (apart from my cleaning day :dishes:) I used to go bouldering and indoor rock-climbing but havent been for a few weeks and rrrrreeeaallllyyy need to start going again! Bought some New Rock boots recently that add a few lbs to me legs so walking MUST be more of a work-out now.... :haha:

I'm an absolute fitness FREAK, nearly to the point of obsession :haha:

Before i fell pregnant i used to spend at least 3 hours in the Gym every day - even if i started work or college at 9AM and didn't finish until late, i'd find time! Would much prefer not to have people everywhere whilst i work out, but i was usually so blinkered i wouldn't notice anyone else, oops!

I'd do chardio (bike and treadmill) to warm up, then spend a lifetime on the stepping machine and doing all the toning machines for legs, including adductors/abductors (they BURNED!) For my arms, chest and back i'd do the lateral pull down machines and many sets of barbell weights.
I'd do 50 sets of 10 sit ups and crunches followed by a huge stretch out. By that time i'd be so sweaty and disgusting, i'd just have to jump in the pool :haha:

...Now i can barely walk around the block without getting tired :p I'm not gonna have time for my rediculous fitness schedule once LO is here of course, so i'm thinking of getting a couple of home gym things second hand :thumbup:

Oh and i also wear Masai Shoes, not the most attractive footwear but they are fantastic for toning up thighs and bums - did wonders on mine :haha: can't wear them at the moment though, i've tried to but they just throw me wayyyy off balance!

xx

I was an endurance rider and was riding every day till 12 weeks - and really miss it as it burned the calories!! Have been walking 40mins to an hour a day most days and swimming 1.5km once or twice a week. But tell me how to stop eating!! It's going to be hell to get all this weight off again!

I use my Wii Fit/Wii Fit Plus for Yoga/Muscle workouts and have done it enough that I now know enough of the workouts to be able to just do a couple here and there while watching TV or looking after LO without having to set the Wii Fit up.

I walk a lot whilst babywearing, dance around the house a lot, I take LO swimming but I used to be a swimming addict. I have a stepper at home which is good for doing in front of the TV on an evening, like just walking on the spot (and it stops me being bored and snacking instead!). I was a lot more active before I got pregnant, I used to love the gym but now I don't have the time or money.

i go the gym everyday but these last couple of weeks i have been riding the bike i love keeping fit xx :) xx

I do Davina Mc Call exercise dvds they're really good work up quite a sweat

Thinking about investing in some Skecher masai-type shoes to walk about in - has anyone used these and are they worth getting??

Rosemary Conley dvds.I have 2 good ones and really want her new one.
Wii Fit Plus is good and My Fitness Coach for the Wii.
I also have a twistboard :)

I have my exercise bike in the living room where I can see the TV. (For anyone looking to buy a bike asda do one for £35 plus £5 delivery) I also bought a hulahoop yesterday and will be starting a bit of hooping everyday from tomoz. I don't drive so I walk a lot and have been doing a lot of shopping lately so even more walking!

I'm gonna definitely get a hula hoop for after i've had LO!
I heard they're really good for helping tone up the tummy.
xxx

I have Davina DVD's which I try to do once a week, cycle twice a week (about 10km each time) and do the horse, riding about 4 days a week, I also walk a lot with the dog and because I dont drive.
I've stopped the Davina DVD since my BFP and have ordered her pre and post natel ones, I'm still cycling but at a slower pace. And still riding.
I've also just got the Wii back out and will do yoga on that at least 3 days a week with a little step thrown in!

I'm trying to lose some weight before TTC so have just bought myself a cross trainer. So far i'm loving it. I don't really like the gym, don't like to exercise in front of people, but with this i can just put on a film or something and exercise away in my front room.

I haven't actually started any sort of exercise habit yet, but I intend on getting a hula-hoop, a jump rope, and a volleyball. Plus, I'm going to be taking Aiden to the park a lot when the weather gets nicer and taking both the kids for walks.

I figured a hula-hoop and jump rope would be fun things to do. Plus, jump roping really can kick your ass. :haha:

I want to get this DVD called Flirty Girl Fitness. Basically it's a workout DVD series that teaches you things like chair dancing, strip teasing, and pole dancing. :winkwink:

I do cross trainer for 30mins x3 times a week.

I'm thinking of starting skipping to do on the alternative days as I wanna tone, not lose weight. Just need to invest in a good rope!

My mum does the trampoline - might be an option for someone reading this!

Hi I Am using Cardio for shape/lose weight,its helps me A Lot for lose weight

None :blush: I don't even own a pair of trainers! I'm doing Race for Life this year though and I'm going to work hard to get my fitness up.

I mentioned in another thread, im doing 'Jordans workout dvd'
I know most people don't like her but i do, and in her dvd shes not the one showing you the workout - its her trainer and shes just doing it with him but its a great dvd can feel it working - it mixes cardio with toning and it involves alot of kicking and punching (not eachother haha) so your constantly working on your legs, abs and arms and then your constantly on your toes bouncing so it works at the stomach.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->