What exercise are you doing?

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm cautiously pregnant after 2 late losses, a mmc at 12 weeks and a 21 week loss due to a heart condition in the baby.

Since then I've joined a gym, doing weights, cross trainer, bikes, classes etc. I'm feeling much better for it and don't want to stop completely but definitely want to err on the side of caution!

What have you been told? What are you doing? Did you stop all exercise at any point?

Thanks all xxx

Well, I'd REALLY hoped to keep up with my arms and legs through yoga and strength training. But, I've been cramping (not "normal" cramps) the whole time and doc wants me to just chill. I'm 35 y/o, 9w5d and my last U/S indicated a cyst... But baby looks fine. So I'm pretty much sitting on my rump.

Doc says I'll have plenty of time after 1st trimester to work on my strength. I don't know how much exercise I could do right now even if I wanted to! I'm SOOO tired. :-(

My exercise has been lacking in 1st tri as well. I usually walk and do yoga 5-6x/week, but it's been much less lately. Once I'm feeling better, I'll get back to it. And some strength training. There's definitely time. :flower:

you can do any exercise you have been doing before as well!
I still go to the gym as normal, do cross trainer, weights etc and also go swimming.

Ha!! I used to do spinning before I got preggers, now the most exercise I do is get up from bed to pee or poo & then walk back to bed. I've had to stop using my fitbit because it kept giving me disapproving looks.

My first tri hasn't been the friendliest. I've had 3 losses previously so I'm taking absolutely NO chances.

A few years ago I remember saying 'I want to be pregnant during the summer so I can still do loads of exercise outside in the sun'

Oh dear, I was so naive. I'm 7w4d & I'm not a happy camper much less a gym buff.

Good luck, from all that I've read it's perfectly fine to exercise just not do high impact exercise.

Munchkin30 I just wanted to say congratulations first of all! I've been with you on the mc boards I'm really hoping this is your rainbow baby.

I kept going to the gym etc while I was pregnant but I barely had the energy during first tri. With my first I kept going to 7 months and then with my second I managed to keep going until just after 8 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->