What food/s do you bring for your 6 mnth old if you're going out all day?

porkypig

Reaction score
We're going out all day tomorrow and trying to plan what to make/bring with me. I made chicken yesterday which I froze but warming it up with be a problem. I don't know what foods to bring with me as I make all her food myself and it's either mashed or puréed at the mo, please help! X

He only eats twice a day and I usually just feed him something at the restaurant. Lots of places have avacado slices which are super easy and so healthy. Some have cottage cheese which is pretty good too. I have LO some mashed cauliflower at Ruby Tuesdays last night but it had cheese and stuff so probably not the healthiest. He is 7 months now though so eats a little more finger foods.

Oh, my LO is the messiest eater, even with spoon feeding because she likes to do it herself, so this question is really hard for me too. At home we usually take a bath after meals...obviously not an option when out and about! We have settled on the following:

Ella's Kitchen pouches--we do homemade puree at home, but she sucks directly from the pouch with these, so no mess when out and about.

Shredded Cheese

Cooked, cold baked chicken (Today we had this, I carried an insulated lunch baggy)

Cucumbers

Oh, yeah, like DK said, cauliflower is a great idea, I will use that one myself next week! We'll just do steamed florets. She'll it them cold. Have you tried cold food with your LO?

Oh, yeah, like DK said, cauliflower is a great idea, I will use that one myself next week! We'll just do steamed florets. She'll it them cold. Have you tried cold food with your LO?

Only banana, haven't tried any other cold foods. I might make some pasta stars in broth and put it in a flask xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->