What foods should I be avoiding/adding to my diet when TTC?

wonderstruck

Reaction score
I know coffee and alcohol are a nono, and I have heard you shouldn't eat fish either... Going to miss my sushi :( What else should I be avoiding when TTC and during pregnancy? And what should I be making sure to eat/drink more of? Is tea okay?

There are certain teas you should avoid. I remember passion fruit is a no-no, which made me sad. I don't remember what they are.

I'm on a high protein, low carb, low fat diet as is. So really all I did was switch over to a little bit pricier meats, eggs, and what nots that are organic and hormone free. Trader Joe's are good, but avoid their cheeses. Very few are pasteurized if any. They have <$1 organic greek yogurt that is good and has a lot of calcium. Whole grain breads are good (whole wheat and whole grain are not the same thing apparently lol). Dark, leafy greens are supposed to be good for TTC.

Honestly, my diet is:
Breakfast: a homemade sausage, egg, and cheese in an english muffin with a prenatal
Lunch: Safeway pre-made salad (if I was less lazy I would make my own but it is so darn convenient)
Dinner: Some meat item either baked or pan fried with either two eggs or brown rice

Snacks happen at 10am and 3pm and I choose from: half a pb&j on a slice of whole grain bread with organic, no stir pb and organic j or a piece of organic fruit or a greek yogurt with granola.

** I have a glass of milk with my afternoon snack and dinner. Calcium is hard to absorb, so you need to drink milk or take a calcium supplement separate from your prenatal. I read there has be a two hour window before and after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"