what happened JUST before you went into labour?

D

dizzybella

Just wondering what signs/feelings evryone had just before they realised they were in labour? I cant remember much from my first baby - just that i had a sore back all day and thought i had a kidney infection but it turned out i was in labour lol! i had no show or waters breaking or anything, it just crept up on me :wacko:

I woke up with terrible trapped wind the day I went into labour, a few hours later my waters broke and the trapped wind feeling went!

Haha! I went shopping!

Came home and was showing dh what I had bought, and bam! Contraction! Active labour began 2 hours after that and DS was born in less than 4 hours.

No signs at all!! He was 10 days early too, so the whole time I was convinced I was having false labour!

I had had clearouts in the week leading up to it. Also had a sore back day of waters breaking but it felt like I'd just been sleeping in an awkward position and I already had SPD so it was a good possibility. Other than that, nothing. No increased BH, no niggles, nowt! I was on bnb at midnight, OH was at tesco. Needed a drink so stood up to go get one and all of a sudden my waters broke, contractions came about 1.5hrs later and she was born another 13 and a bit hours after that.

I was due to be induced on the 22nd so had got up early on the 21st so I could get an early night (had to be at hospital at 8:30am)
I got my first contraction as I climbed into bed the night of the 21st. So basically just before I went into labour I gave up hope of going into labour naturally.

I had an upset stomach a couple of days before then nothing. The first thing I knew about it was my waters breaking at 10pm, he was born the following morning at 10am and was 10 days early so took us by surprise!

I felt uncomfy and constipated, uncomfy like I had slept badly or something. I rolled over in bed, my waters broke and I felt much more comfortable and not at all constipated :haha:

First one i was induced , but with my second, i was 6 days overdue, was out all day walking around town and in the evening took my son to the park with my sister and my mum. Had a terrible back all day, but i thought that was just because i was on my feet all day. I could kinda tell something wasnt normal though because even when i sat down i couldnt get this pain to shift. Then we came home around 10 pm and i said to my mum that my tummy had gone all hard, maybe something is gonna happen soon. Went to bed at midnight, as soon as i got in bed, contractions started, rushed to the bathroom, needed to poop desperately. After that all systems go, was a 2hr 40 mins labour!!! I couldnt believe it. I must have been in labour all day i reckon, and only had mild back pain. Hopefully the same this time round :) x

From around a week before, I regularly got horrible crampy pains across my lower back and quite often woke during the night with what seemed like contractions but they always stopped after a couple of hours so were like false alarms. On the day I went into labour I woke during the night with contractions 20 mins apart and felt confident that they were the real thing this time. x

I was sitting in Starbucks with my pal and felt fine. Went home, went to loo and all of a sudden had a show. 30 mins later was contracting every 8 minutes and was on my way!

got in bed, was wriggling around trying to get comfy, heard a quiet pop sound and my waters broke on the bed lol.

Didn't have any signs before that x

for me it was a slow build up of BH that eventually didnt go away and got more painful

when they were about 3 minutes apart, we were thinking it must be labour lol

I woke up early, for me, and took a shower because my back was aching terribly (not uncommon for me, but it was different pain that morning) and while in the shower I had my first ever contraction. That very moment I knew I'd be delivering that day. The contractions were the only sign. My water never broke, but the contractions got close enough together that I had to get to the hospital.

Nothing. I had my 38 week appointment and everything was normal. Expected to be back the next week for my 39 week appointment. Woke up the next morning with my first contraction. I thought maybe it was a BH like I'd been hearing about (never had one) and so I went to work as usual. Part way through the morning, I started to suspect it was labor because I was still having them and they were getting closer together. Finished up the work I was in the middle of and drove home to get my husband and call the midwife to let her know I thought I was in labor and that I'd be coming to the hospital. Got to the hospital and the contractions started in earnest. He was born 4 hours later.

I thought i had wind with A. It was when i screamed 'F***' with pain that the midwives realised i was in labour. :dohh:
Tip: just shout and you'll get seen ;)

With T i had a teeny show, nothing to write home about. The familar 'wind' pain came so i timed it and off to hospital i went.

Both times, i ate a Malteasers ice cream the moment before the pains came apparant. And i dont normally eat them.... Spooky

Tip: just shout and you'll get seen ;)

Take that tip! With my DD, they stuck me in triage for an hour without even checking to see how dialated I was, all because I wasn't moaning and yelling like the others there.

I had a show on the Monday (39+6) then nothing apart from a lot of discomfort for the next 2 days. Thurs night we had the hottest curry of my life, then Fri morning (40+3) OH made me scrambled eggs on toast while I was in bed, I ate most of it, and then felt a trickle of liquid go. stood up and there was soon a puddle on the floor, of pinkish fluid. contractions started properly a few hours later and Adam was born at lunchtime the next day.

I woke up in a puddle and realized my water had broke while I was asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->