what happened JUST before you went into labour?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by dizzybella, Jun 4, 2011.

1. dizzybella

dizzybella Guest

Just wondering what signs/feelings evryone had just before they realised they were in labour? I cant remember much from my first baby - just that i had a sore back all day and thought i had a kidney infection but it turned out i was in labour lol! i had no show or waters breaking or anything, it just crept up on me :wacko:

2. Shiv

Shiv Mummy to Sophia and Cora

I woke up with terrible trapped wind the day I went into labour, a few hours later my waters broke and the trapped wind feeling went!

3. Cleo

Cleo Happy mom to F & L!

Haha! I went shopping!

Came home and was showing dh what I had bought, and bam! Contraction! Active labour began 2 hours after that and DS was born in less than 4 hours.

No signs at all!! He was 10 days early too, so the whole time I was convinced I was having false labour!

4. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

I had had clearouts in the week leading up to it. Also had a sore back day of waters breaking but it felt like I'd just been sleeping in an awkward position and I already had SPD so it was a good possibility. Other than that, nothing. No increased BH, no niggles, nowt! I was on bnb at midnight, OH was at tesco. Needed a drink so stood up to go get one and all of a sudden my waters broke, contractions came about 1.5hrs later and she was born another 13 and a bit hours after that.

5. amandad192

amandad192 mum to 2

I was due to be induced on the 22nd so had got up early on the 21st so I could get an early night (had to be at hospital at 8:30am)
    I got my first contraction as I climbed into bed the night of the 21st. So basically just before I went into labour I gave up hope of going into labour naturally.

6. dizzybella

dizzybella Guest

:rofl:

7. humblebum

humblebum Mummy to 2 boys

I had an upset stomach a couple of days before then nothing. The first thing I knew about it was my waters breaking at 10pm, he was born the following morning at 10am and was 10 days early so took us by surprise!

8. AmeliePoulain

AmeliePoulain Mama to 3 girls

I felt uncomfy and constipated, uncomfy like I had slept badly or something. I rolled over in bed, my waters broke and I felt much more comfortable and not at all constipated :haha:

9. TwilightAgain

TwilightAgain LTW for our LO <3

Entertaining stories ladies. Keep em coming :winkwink:

10. sarah2409

sarah2409 Well-Known Member

First one i was induced , but with my second, i was 6 days overdue, was out all day walking around town and in the evening took my son to the park with my sister and my mum. Had a terrible back all day, but i thought that was just because i was on my feet all day. I could kinda tell something wasnt normal though because even when i sat down i couldnt get this pain to shift. Then we came home around 10 pm and i said to my mum that my tummy had gone all hard, maybe something is gonna happen soon. Went to bed at midnight, as soon as i got in bed, contractions started, rushed to the bathroom, needed to poop desperately. After that all systems go, was a 2hr 40 mins labour!!! I couldnt believe it. I must have been in labour all day i reckon, and only had mild back pain. Hopefully the same this time round :) x

11. JMC82

JMC82 Well-Known Member

From around a week before, I regularly got horrible crampy pains across my lower back and quite often woke during the night with what seemed like contractions but they always stopped after a couple of hours so were like false alarms. On the day I went into labour I woke during the night with contractions 20 mins apart and felt confident that they were the real thing this time. x

12. indy and lara

indy and lara Well-Known Member

I was sitting in Starbucks with my pal and felt fine. Went home, went to loo and all of a sudden had a show. 30 mins later was contracting every 8 minutes and was on my way!

13. emily86

emily86 mum to 2

got in bed, was wriggling around trying to get comfy, heard a quiet pop sound and my waters broke on the bed lol.

Didn't have any signs before that x

14. Eternal

Eternal Three boys!

for me it was a slow build up of BH that eventually didnt go away and got more painful

when they were about 3 minutes apart, we were thinking it must be labour lol

15. Nichole

Nichole DD, DS, and pregnant!

I woke up early, for me, and took a shower because my back was aching terribly (not uncommon for me, but it was different pain that morning) and while in the shower I had my first ever contraction. That very moment I knew I'd be delivering that day. The contractions were the only sign. My water never broke, but the contractions got close enough together that I had to get to the hospital.

16. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

Nothing. I had my 38 week appointment and everything was normal. Expected to be back the next week for my 39 week appointment. Woke up the next morning with my first contraction. I thought maybe it was a BH like I'd been hearing about (never had one) and so I went to work as usual. Part way through the morning, I started to suspect it was labor because I was still having them and they were getting closer together. Finished up the work I was in the middle of and drove home to get my husband and call the midwife to let her know I thought I was in labor and that I'd be coming to the hospital. Got to the hospital and the contractions started in earnest. He was born 4 hours later.

17. AP

AP Well-Known Member

I thought i had wind with A. It was when i screamed 'F***' with pain that the midwives realised i was in labour. :dohh:
    Tip: just shout and you'll get seen ;)

With T i had a teeny show, nothing to write home about. The familar 'wind' pain came so i timed it and off to hospital i went.

Both times, i ate a Malteasers ice cream the moment before the pains came apparant. And i dont normally eat them.... Spooky

18. Nichole

Nichole DD, DS, and pregnant!

Take that tip! With my DD, they stuck me in triage for an hour without even checking to see how dialated I was, all because I wasn't moaning and yelling like the others there.

19. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Mummy to Adam and Joel

I had a show on the Monday (39+6) then nothing apart from a lot of discomfort for the next 2 days. Thurs night we had the hottest curry of my life, then Fri morning (40+3) OH made me scrambled eggs on toast while I was in bed, I ate most of it, and then felt a trickle of liquid go. stood up and there was soon a puddle on the floor, of pinkish fluid. contractions started properly a few hours later and Adam was born at lunchtime the next day.

20. Trying4ababy

Trying4ababy Well-Known Member

I woke up in a puddle and realized my water had broke while I was asleep.