what happened JUST before you went into labour?

I had a good clearout for 2 days before and then I woke up to a wet bed at 3am and contractions started at 5am after trying to sleep for a bit and watching birthing stories on tely lol

nada. No signs. No contractions. I was 15 days early.

woke up at 5am, went to the bathroom and thought i lost my mucus plug. Went downstairs and on the computer. Decided to take a shower. Still bleeding and once i talked to my SIL i realized it was my bloody show. Woke my husband up and my aunt who was here for the birth/to help.

Had a regular OB appt at 8:45 so we went. Contractions started at 6:15am. By 8, they were 2 minutes apart. Got to the OB's office and i was 4cm. Went to the hospital (which is right down the road) and i was 6cm. They broke my water at 8cm. Had my son at 2:31pm.

I felt fine the day I went into labour, didn't really feel any different. I'd had a few strong BH's in the days leading up to labour and a couple of 'clear outs' the couple of weeks before. Midwife had been that morning to check my blood pressure as it had been high for the past couple of weeks. It was quite high so was adviced to go to the day unit for monitoring but couldn't get up there until OH finished work about 5ish. Got up to the day unit about 5:30pm and was being monitored. I was sat on a hospital bed with the CTG machine attached to me and I decided to shift position in bed and as I did so I felt a little 'gush'. The 'gushy' feeling shocked me so I went to stand up and felt a really big gush and my trousers were soaked through. Contractions started about 3 hours afterwards and she was born 16 hours later. x

I was in bed and ready to seduce my dh, so stood up to go pee and thought id wet myself and got mad cos i thought I cant tell him what just happened he will NEVER go near me, and then i realised the trickling didnt seem to stop so i told him i think my water just broke..and 7 hours later he was born smack on due date :)

My mum took me out for the day, I had an amazing seafood risotto (why I always remember the risotto Ill never know!), felt soooo uncomfortable all day but thought it was the big lunch! Came home, had dinner and a small glass of of wine (on recommendation by my yoga lady!). Watched tv and got fed up so ate some pineapple.

Went to bed and thought i was constipated - it was my OH who pointed out I was in labour although i was in denial for hours! Managed contractions at home until 7am then went to the hospital where everything started to happen really, really quickly. Luckily we live so close to the hospital!

Nothing..I was all normal and sat watching diagnosis murder (ha) when I felt a pop and suddenly got wet. So told my Mum that my waters had gone and she didnt believe me lol. That was 2.20pm on the Fri, went hospital at 6pm, contractions started at 11pm and DS1 was born at 4.22am Saturday..
DS2 I was induced so that doesnt count lol.

I felt rough as hell the evening before I went into labour - exhausted, nauseous and almost flu-ey. I was also in a foul mood. I woke at about 3am with mild period-like pains, and then when I got up in the morning I had a bloody show. Period pains continued throughout the day, getting very gradually worse. DS was born at 5.24 the following morning.

I felt rough as hell the evening before I went into labour - exhausted, nauseous and almost flu-ey. I was also in a foul mood. I woke at about 3am with mild period-like pains, and then when I got up in the morning I had a bloody show. Period pains continued throughout the day, getting very gradually worse. DS was born at 5.24 the following morning.

ooo- i feel like that today lol!! heres hoping its not just flu :haha:

No signs, i went into labour a week early, was asleep and woke up at 2am having contractions lol no show, no broken waters (midwife had to break them just before my daughter was born) nothing at all. it just started out of the blue! im hoping this one is the same! x

I felt really unwell on the Friday night, started spotting on the Saturday morning and the contractions started that afternoon then slowed down for a while and came back full on Saturday evening. Managed to cope at home until Midnight on the Sunday and Derrin was born at 6:33 on the Monday morning.

x

DS - induced,

DD - had reflexology in the morning, had a good clear out at around 11pm, woke up at 1am with mild pains but regular (5 mins apart) took DS to my sisters, got to the hospital at around 2am had DD at 5.35.

Waters never broke either time, and I never ad a show either so can't add to that xx

With dd1 my waters broke as I got out of bed, had back ache after that.

dd2 I had some weird blood passed (like bits of liver, possibly TMI but its BnB after all) and called called labour ward didn't have any contractions at the time, went in and 4hrs later dd2 was born.

I was sleeping (it was 5am) and the contractions woke me up but i thought they were BH :dohh:

I didnt have a clearout, waters breaking or even a show till i was in hospital!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->