What happened to baby walkers

julietz

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering where you get a baby walker from and if you can suggest any for a girl, i looked on argos expecting there to be loads and there isnt even one on there, lots of baby bounce jumeroos, but i want a walker, i dont like the mamas and pappas one, where else can i look ?

i think theres abit of for's and againsts with walkers so maybe thats why? some countries have banned them i think?
i know that john lewis sell them..toys r us/babies r us and kiddicare deffinately do

x

I've just ordered one from mothercare, looks good. It's a rocker & walker. x

I got mine from Mothercare. It was on offer £35 instead of £60something

Illegal to sell or possess in Canada! I've heard it's because we have multi story homes here, which means many more stairs.

Yupp, too many children falling down stairs.
I know a couple people who fell themselves as babies

I think that its a crock to have them banned in Canada. It's only because of the parents own irresponsibility. I myself would like to get one, and can get them in the states.

I think that its a crock to have them banned in Canada. It's only because of the parents own irresponsibility. I myself would like to get one, and can get them in the states.

I agree. How is it the walker's fault that the parents didn't supervise their babies and they were able to fall down the stairs? Why didn't they have baby gates at the top of the stairs? My brother and sil snuck a walker into Canada from the US one time, but I know someone else who had one confiscated at the border.

Illegal to sell or possess in Canada! I've heard it's because we have multi story homes here, which means many more stairs.

Here is the Canadian info
https://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/child-enfant/equip/walk-marche-eng.php

There is also concern about how the seat can have detrimental effects on hip/ leg development as some people do not understand (or care) how a child is to be fitted into it.

personally I think it's just a matter of specifics. Its' not the fault of the walker obviously, but countries deem things illegal depending on their standards. Tons and tons of toys, clothing, cribs, bottles, soothers, you name it, have been deemed unsafe. Yes, we could use them and probably be safe, but they put standards into effect once they think it should be. I'm grateful for the system looking out for my child, and yes, they probably take it too far, but better too far than too short!

I agree. How is it the walker's fault that the parents didn't supervise their babies and they were able to fall down the stairs? Why didn't they have baby gates at the top of the stairs? My brother and sil snuck a walker into Canada from the US one time, but I know someone else who had one confiscated at the border.

This makes me think of what I posted on a friends fb post recently. She posted a comment about why are people so stupid (or something to that effect) I posted back that it was natures way of thinning the herd although sadly society has now taken it upon themselves to legislate stupidity making it redundant

With importing them "illegally" into Canada I worry not necessarily about the person who is importing them (they clearly know that they aren't legal and will hopefully take reasonable precautions) it's the person that they pass it along to that might not understand that they aren't legal and therefore the safety issues involved. I would hate to think that "I" provided someone with a product that wasn't legal for use in Canada (also because of this hasn't met Canadian safety standards) and their child ends up injured. They would have every right to sue.

The sad thing is that I have seen stickers on the inside of the lids of rubbermaid totes showing a circle with a child sitting in is with a line through it (do not put children in totes) What is disturbing about this is that something must have happened to have caused the company to start marking items with this warning... Think about some of the "stupid" warnings you have seen, someone, somewhere has done something to cause the company to feel that they need to protect themselves by issuing these warnings. Crazy, eh?

I've just ordered one from mothercare, looks good. It's a rocker & walker. x

Ive got one like this too..

To OP...i got one as a present.. I think they got it from littlewoods and the brand i think is ladybird.. But the one i have is black n white more of a unisex one lol

Pretty sure I saw one for sale in Asda the other day too so that may also be worth a look

Mothercare or boots. We have a chicco one. x

https://www.mothercare.com/Chicco-D...&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=231490887&pf_rd_s=center-7

i have the 3 in 1 and its brilliant though the horn dosent work anymore aiden thought it would be funny to bite it and drool went into it:(.. though its down the £60 now in mothercare xx

I had someone give me mine but I know it's from Mothercare, also seen about three or four out on display there too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->