What happened when your period started again?

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by GypsyDancer, Jun 3, 2011.

1. GypsyDancer

GypsyDancer Mummy to Zach <3

Hello ladies

just a quick question as i dont have anyone to ask really..

My LO is 8 and a half months now and i havent had a period yet..

however the other day i had very light brown "bleeding" off and on for around 2 - 3 days..it wasnt red..just brown..and it really was so light i didnt need anything for it..

Could this have been my period returning?

I havent been taking any birth control so it isnt related to anything like that..

im really clueless :shrug: however its scared me a little to think i really must start taking bc tablets now!

2. Nervous_1

Nervous_1 Well-Known Member

I had bright red blood streaked discharge that changed to proper bleeding after a couple of days (sorry tmi! :blush: ) but the bleeding wasn't as heavy as I used to get pre-pregnancy.

Only just had it though, so I'm gonna stalk this thread to see if they are always going to be lighter, or will return to the usual hell! :haha:

3. Pearls18

Pearls18 Well-Known Member

I had a bit of spotting that then led to be a period, mine returned last week at 8 months- I have a coil fitted though so think some spotting is contributed to that. And yes I would definately start thinking of B/C if you haven't already lol because obviously you could fall before even having a period not knowing when ovulation starts :flower:

4. GypsyDancer

GypsyDancer Mummy to Zach <3

haha yes see this is true i dont want to be caught out although to be fair we barely do much these days! and when we do were carefull

i just dont know if it was my period or random old blood spotting? i wouldve thought if it was old blood though it wouldnt happen 8 months down the line..? :shrug: it wasnt red..and stopped after 2 -3 days and nothing since but alot more noticable discharge since then?

perhaps fertility and ovulation starting? hmmmm!

Mother nature is so confusing sometimes..

its been soo nice having a break from it all but now i feel completely out of the loop and cant remember at all how its all meant to work! :blush::haha: