what happens after baby?

I had no idea you bled afterwards (this is my first baby). Do you have to use pads or can you use tampons? Glad i read this thread!

hahaha yes u bleed and u bleed ALOT, well i did lol 2 big maternity pads on per go, and still leaked through them...:happydance: yay for motherhood lol

I bled like a heavy period for just over a week then it eased off. I didnt have any pain or anything, just constantly changing my pad.

My periods returned 12 weeks later and never got back to any regularity since. Mine might be a different case though because my babies died and i had a traumatic labour, plus i was on lots of medication etc.

I lost the twins Christmas Day last year, got a period in March, nothing until i found out i was pregnant in June, miscarried June, pregnant again July, miscarried again and pregnant again in August so technically, i have only had a March period !!! x

Snap mummytosummer. horrible wasnt it, but was a big deal for me when i could finally wear always pads instead of huge nappies hahaha. But you can buy them pads anywhere, i got mine from sainsburys for about £1.50 for 10 loads of places do em!

Snap mummytosummer. horrible wasnt it, but was a big deal for me when i could finally wear always pads instead of huge nappies hahaha. But you can buy them pads anywhere, i got mine from sainsburys for about £1.50 for 10 loads of places do em!

asdas own are good to but id say get ones with wings, i ended up wearin asdas maternity pad with big always with wings over the top lol felt more secure with wings, wen i wore just the maternity pads everytime i so much as mooved i leaked everywer :growlmad:

Thanks ladies, as you can tell this has come as a shock to me so just wait until i tell my Husband about this new unexpected event lol.

Glad i can pre buy some now! xx

asdas own are good to but id say get ones with wings, i ended up wearin asdas maternity pad with big always with wings over the top lol felt more secure with wings, wen i wore just the maternity pads everytime i so much as mooved i leaked everywer :growlmad:

Thanks i shall get winged ones as i am a fidget bum x

Oh no that sounds awful :( the only time i leaked was 3 hours after i had him n the stupid hosp told me to make my own way 10 miles back to the midwife lead hosp i started at, changed my pad got in the can, 15 mins got out n blood went everywhere, seems the car ride jilted the blood a lil :dohh: but mine were with wings too, cant stand not havin wings haha

So while i am here, what about nipples and pads? when do i need them etc? lol

Oh no that sounds awful :( the only time i leaked was 3 hours after i had him n the stupid hosp told me to make my own way 10 miles back to the midwife lead hosp i started at, changed my pad got in the can, 15 mins got out n blood went everywhere, seems the car ride jilted the blood a lil :dohh: but mine were with wings too, cant stand not havin wings haha

it wassss!! my son was born 10pm thursday nyt and i was home 12pm friday afternoon and leaked through 6 pairs of jammies, my sister had to come down at 10am with new 1s for me :dohh:

So while i am here, what about nipples and pads? when do i need them etc? lol

leaky nipple pads lol i brought mine to hospital with me just incase but didnt need them until 3 days after giving birth when my milk came in, the 1st few days isnt milk (cant spell wat it is:haha: ) and mine didnt leak, but could bring some with u incase xx

Yeah just breast pads, you prob wont need them tho as its just collostrum hehe which is clear fluid, milk takes a few days. Def get nursing bras tho!

ok. good to know this thread went on without me all day...
so most people bleed for 4-6 wks after LO.
does you vag go back to normal?
how soon after? like even if we decide to dtd will it be 'normal' for him at say 4 weeks PP?

does anyone how soon you can go home PP in the US?

your milk comes in on day 3 PP...so how do you establish a good latch if no milk is there?

this thread scares me! i knew you bled afterwards but not for weeks!

My sister bleed for months after her little one was born I think her daughter (the eldest) was 6 months old before it finally stopped. With her 2nd and 3rd babies it was alot less horrible as I recall.

My question is how do you keep from loosing too much blood? Especially if you are anemic or have thin blood to begin with? (Not me, that I know of but just curious)

I had no idea you bled afterwards (this is my first baby). Do you have to use pads or can you use tampons? Glad i read this thread!

For everything you need to know on after birth including bleeding its best to get as much material on birth and post partum body care as you can. Information from your LMC and doctor will help as well as books on What to expect when you are expecting and there are tons of books from your library you can get on labour, birth and post-partum care.

I read alot before conceiving and heard that some women bleed for up to seven weeks after giving birth:wacko: but it all depends as every pregnancy is different.

Ouch you would not want to use tampons after a vaginal birth, that would be torture, big soft maternity pads are the way to go :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->