What happens at 16wk midfie appt?

Isabella

Reaction score
I have my 16 week appointment next Tues and was just wondering what they do in it?

From what I can remember, she went through the results from my bloods and how the 12 week scan had gone, then she tested my urine, took my blood pressure, and listened to the baby's heartbeat. We then just chatted about how I had been feeling. That was about it I think.

Hope that helps.

Lucy x

At mine, they took blood for the double test and iron levels etc, booked me in for my anti-d injection, did my blood pressure and urine, gave me a pack on how to manage my finances (?!) and then told me I'd have a difficult pregnancy due to my bmi and booked me in for a glucose test. (but the last bit isnt usual, so dont worry about that)

They take your blood for downs etc if you want them
Checked BP, Pee. Just asked if i had any questions
Dont listen to HB here till ya 25+wks.

On mine she checked blood pressure, urine, checked weight, felt the position of the baby, listened to the heartbeat and generally just chatted about how i was feeling. I had to have extra blood taken as when i went for my 12 week scan i was actually 15 weeks!! (talk about getting dates wrong!) and was too far along for the down syndrome neck test thing so i had blood tests done at 16w.

Thanks - v useful to know! i will be very excited if they listen to the baby's heartbeat!

From what I can remember, she went through the results from my bloods and how the 12 week scan had gone, then she tested my urine, took my blood pressure, and listened to the baby's heartbeat. We then just chatted about how I had been feeling. That was about it I think.

Hope that helps.

Lucy x

This is exactly what happened at mine yesterday. Shame OH wasn't able to make it to hear the heart beat, but there will be other times I'm sure :)
Rx

Mine checked my urine, blood pressure and then listened to the babys heartbeat :)

I was in and out in 10mins, blood pressure, urine checked, HB listened to, next appiontments booked, everything going ok? yep? cool, see you in 8wks.

They take your blood for downs etc if you want them
Checked BP, Pee. Just asked if i had any questions
Dont listen to HB here till ya 25+wks.

thats strange...your not a million miles away from me yet they listened to babies heart at my appointment that was on friday.

They took blood, checked urine, BP and felt for where baby was!!

took about 15 minutes!!

xxx

I had my BP checked and she went through my blood test results - mostly going through what I need to do as I'm Rhesus Negative, and then she listened to the heartbeat for 30 seconds.

Didnt take long and nothing special but was great to hear that little heart beating away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->