What happens to your pre-pregnancy pooch when you start to show?

bek0788

Reaction score
This is my first pregnancy and I'm in my 8th week. I have always been a small person (5'2" 120lbs) but since I've gotten older I've always had a small pooch just below my belly button. Everyone always gives me a hard time if I say anything about my pooch because to them it seems like nothing but it's still there. I'm curious, will everything start to even out when I start to show or am I going to look lumpy? Thanks for any advice!!

With my first I had a flat stomach that after having DD was left as a little pouch. I couldn't shift it no matter what. This time around it seems that my pouch is just looking a bit like I have some excess fat there. So id say in the earlier stages it will look a bit lumpy for a while, but one day it will just pop and you will have a lovely little bump. However, everyone is different... So you could go straight into looking pregnant even with a little pouch. Happy and healthy 9 months to you! Xx

Thank you! Even after my sisters' going through their pregnancies and even my mom going through a fourth pregnancy, I still have no idea what's going on. I would have thought I would have picked up on some things but everything is so new to me. Thanks again for responding! This is my first time ever posting like this.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Don't worry about your pouch, it will just blend in as you tummy gets bigger. You will probably look pregnant quicker which is nice. I hate the 'in between' stage where people don't ask because they are uncertain lol :)

It just turns into a bump. I'm pregnant with my third and I've had the pooch each time. The first few months are hard because I just feel chubby then your belly starts forming :)

Yeah it'll round out. Mine was flat with a little pouch and now it's definitely rounded out. But this is my fourth and it rounded out faster this time....

Attachments

• bumpie_week_8_flag~2.jpg
    bumpie_week_8_flag~2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 6
I looked pregnant when I got pregnant, my entire stomach was all fat. I worried I wouldn't show cuz I had this extra weight out front. Most of it popped out and rounded out starting at 18 weeks. I have a small layer of fat on the underside of my belly that isn't rounding out lol.
Whatever you have will look like preggo fat soon enough trust me, even a big girl like me got her bump! Haha. :)

Thank you! Even after my sisters' going through their pregnancies and even my mom going through a fourth pregnancy, I still have no idea what's going on. I would have thought I would have picked up on some things but everything is so new to me. Thanks again for responding! This is my first time ever posting like this.

It's all new when it's your first, but it's lovely to experience it all. You will settle into it :)

Well, welcome to BNB! The ladies on here are lovely and always give the best advice if your ever worried. I used this forum in my first pregnancy and had to come back as I find it's nice to have people to go through it with xx

I had a small-person pooch also, and it quickly turned into a bump. I have heard that I will stretch less and have a nice smooth belly because my tummy was previously stretched due to weight loss.

(Yes, I am this big at 11 weeks... I had a vanishing triplet so am a bit bigger than a normal twin preg)

Attachments

• ZNUzBl8.jpg
    ZNUzBl8.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 10
Thanks everyone, this helps and so do the pictures! :) I had my first appointment with my doctor yesterday. I had one previously but they scheduled me a week earlier than they meant to, I was only 5w6d but we still saw a heartbeat and could hear it. Yesterday (8w4d) we got to do another ultrasound and this time it looked more like a little baby. It's so exciting! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->