What happens today then?

J

JayleighAnn

I've got my first midwife appointment today, what happens?

I've got a right preggo brain and I've forgot everything everyone has said :blush:

I remember something about paperworkd and blood tests, but blood tests for what?

Also, will the m/w need to know what blood group OH is? Cause I'm O rhesus neg I'm not sure if they will ask about his? Cause he doesnt know and his mum doesnt know either.

They'll run through yours and OH's medical history, maybe take some bloods, check your BP and weigh you.

Although everywhere is different but thats the general jist of it hun

wow, ur area does it very early on, usually its about 8-12 weeks. Good luck, and she may even book ur scan date xxx

Lol when they weigh me i ask them not to tell me ;)

If you have any questions for her wright them down because when your there you will forget.

Enjoy it hun xxxxxxxxxx

on that rhesus question...no they dont need to know....when baby is born they will test the blood from babys placenta, if they have a diff blood group to you you will be given an anti D injection.

Fedup- A couple of people have said that it's early, I don't know if its cause I found out at 4 weeks so things are just getting done quicker? Ty for the info on the blood stuff

Cariad-I'll just not look at the scales and tell them I don't need to know lol

they'll go through you and OH medical history, maybe take blood, do your bp and id take a urine sample aswell. Also when i saw my midwife because there is 3 hospitals near me they asked me to choose which one i wanted to be cared for and have the baby at

Oh yeah that's one thing I need to sort out, my homebirth lol better not forget that!

Good luck with your appointment, let us know how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->