What has happened to my lovely baby??

missVN

Reaction score
Ryan has always been a happy, chilled out baby who ate well, slept well, rarely cried and could be left on his own. In fact he was so good I was scared I would jinx things by saying he was so good :haha:

For the last week he has almost continuosly whined and whinged from getting up to going to bed, it's driving me a bit mental :wacko: He will only be kept entertained in his bouncer chair, bumbo, play mat or door bouncer for a max of 15 mins where these all used to keep him well occupied.
At first I thought it was teething as he has been drooling like someone left a tap on, chewing on his fingers and everything else he can get in mouth, has been fussing with his bottles and had some rather interesting nappies. However all that seems to have calmed down a bit and he still whined after calpol, calprofen, teething gel and teething powders.
Any ideas? Is this just a stage or should I be getting him checked out? He is on gaviscon for reflux and this had been controlling it fairly well.
He does have happy periods during the day and his sleep doesn't appear to have been affected although he's probably not sleeping as much during the day.

Is it boredom? Frustration at not being able to do something, could be teething, feeling unwell? - loads of reasons really! Sometimes they just like getting in moods lol

Is it boredom? Frustration at not being able to do something, could be teething, feeling unwell? - loads of reasons really! Sometimes they just like getting in moods lol

I really don't know :shrug: We've tried allsorts to distract him, nothing works for long. Not sure about the frustration, he is trying to sit and trying to roll over but he literally whines all the time, not just when he's trying to do these things. I thought it was teething but he's the same even when we've given alternating doses of calpol/ calprofen and used gels and teething toys. There is absolutley nothing to see in his mouth depsite him showing teething signs for about 4 weeks now:shrug:
I did wonder if he was doing it just because it was a new noise but he does screw his face up and look genuinely grumpy so not convinced :shrug:

It's making me feel so guilty cos some days I can't wait for him to be in bed as it drives me crackers, it's exhausting :nope:

Agree, with PP. They go through phases hun. It could be a growth spurt, sleep regression which is common at 4-5 months or simply teething. Dont worry hun, those phases dont usually last for long xx

lol sometimes I think it's a shame they don't come with a mute button :)

Just keep perservering - maybe introduce new toys into the mix? He's probably hit his 4 month regression too, it's clearly a stressful time for them. Is he getting enough sleep during nap times or is he more hungry - could be a growth spurt! :haha: there's so many things it could be!

I could have written the first post so know you're not alone :flower:

His sleeping hasn't really changed- he will be in bed asleep for 8pm and sleep through until sometime between 6 and 7 am when he wakes for a bottle. After about an hour he will be asleep agin and have anything from 2-4 hrs. He then either has 2 x 1hr sleeps or 3 x 30 min sleeps in the day depending if we are home or not.
He has dropped a bottle, going from 5 x 7oz bottles to 4 and dropped his nightime feed about a month ago. He does have small amounts if food and is doing really well with this.

I hope it is a phase, I can cope if I know it's going to end :haha: He just seemslike a totally different baby this week, my oh has been off this week and think he's looking forward to going back to work :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->