What have you done with your LOs umbilical cord?

hawalkden

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone has done with your LO's umbilical cord?

Isaac is still in NICU and when we went this morning we saw at the top of his crib the two clips and the black blob. I freaked a little before realising what it was.

OH said to take it home and we'll save it. So we have I just don't know what to do with it. Put it in a plastic bag and seal it or just leave it in the tissue we brought it home in.

Can anyone tell me the best way to store it to then place it in his keepsake box we'll be putting together.

Ours is on the ledge on her top and tail bowl, I have no idea what to do with it :rofl:

Ours is just throw in the keepsake box. It seems to have kept all right and doesn't smell :rofl: x

ours went straight in the bin...didn't even save the clip!!!

was glad to see the back of it....it gave me the heebie jeebies lol
*bad mummy alert*

Probably the best way is to leave it out at a window to dry out completely then just store it the way it is x

Just kept the clip, can't imagine me googling over a shrivelled up lump of flesh in years to come as fab as it was at doing its job at the time!

Ive kept the clip, it still has some gunk on it :haha: I am putting it in a keepsake box that I have been making. :)

ours went straight in the bin...didn't even save the clip!!!

was glad to see the back of it....it gave me the heebie jeebies lol
*bad mummy alert*

We did the same, was so scared of catching it and hurting him! It was gross straight in the bin ewwwww lol

I was going to save the clip but hubby wanted to keep all of it so it has dried out and I am going to put it in a plastic food bag in her keepsake box. I dont like the cords at all and hate when they are on babies and think they start to look like pigeon poo :D A lot of others including my parents and in laws seem obsessed with keeping it but I would have been happy just keeping the clip!!!

xx

threw it away, didn't really see the sentimental value of the clip personally

My clinic gave us a little wooden box to keep it in. Would never have thought to if they hadn't! It's got the stump and also a section of the cord where my OH cut it when she was born.

You know those pots you pee in for the docs? Well A's is in that, still attatched to the clip. She had to go back into hospital, and when I indressed her, it had come away, so they asked if I wanted to keep it, and they popped it into one of those pots. Perfect way to view it. :haha:

I thought I had thrown it away but I found it when I was packing up the apartment :sick: can't remember where I put it after that though but its knocking about somewhere.

I have lillies clip with dried up shrivelled gunk lol! Been on the mantlepiece for 14 weeks! .. But i have a scrapbook thing, and theres an envelope attached to put emb-cord in :) locked away with no smell lol!

It went straight in the trash...ewww...cannot imagine saving it.

Threw it out in the garbage when it fell off of him.

*we have kept his hospital band & a pic of hubby cutting cord though to have as keepsake*

We took a photo of it and threw it away. I was wondering whether to keep it or not but it freaked me out a bit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->