What have you done with your LOs umbilical cord?

threw it all away. never even thought of keeping it... which made me realize what OH was meaning weeks ago when LO "cap" feel off and he said "what should we do with it?":haha:

We threw it away...we keep hospital bands, first outfits and obviously first photos...including cord... I didn't think my girls would want their cords, and neither smelled very good, either!

I really wanted to keep it, but when I went to change his nappy and it had actually fallen off I completely freaked out and disgusted lol, I wouldn't even move it to throw it! :dohh:

we threw Leos away, didnt even cross my mind to keep it. I dont get why you would need to keep is as a keepsake when you have the real thing 24/7, your baby!

ive got all his tags from the hospital because they are so tiny and cute!x

We threw it away too, it came off in his nappy and stayed there. I kept loads of other keepsakes but it didn't cross my mind to keep it

It's a tradition here in Japan to keep a short piece of the cord, in a box that the clinic gives you as tokyo_c mentioned- keeping it is supposed to ensure a long life for the baby. We have kept our LO's- it dried quickly and doesn't smell at all.

We chucked the lot, although I would have kept the clip but after about a week of trying to store it it went mouldy and started smelling soooooo bad!!!

We've got ours in an envelope in her baby book. Hers fell off and I found it round by her neck in her sleepsuit, lol.

It never occurred to me to keep it so it went straight in the bin! I did find my positive pregnancy test in a drawer the other day, if you take the cap off it smells terrible :sick: but for some reason I still haven't thrown it away!

Thanks ladies :).

We've still got it in the tissue the nurses left it in yesterday. We'll probably just put it in a food bag and then leave it in his Keep Sake Box :). It's cute though :).

Put it in a bag in his keepsake box. Kind of makes me feel sick to think about though :sick:

Mines on top of the fire place - black blob attached still :sick: :haha:
Not sure what to do with it, im planning on getting a little box for all the keep sakes so I guess it will go in there!

harrisons was like 1cm long, then it shrivelled up... threw it away when it came off! i think we have the clip, but that wasnt a deliberate thing... :shrug: x

Los fell off in oh car when we were traveling somewhere and changed him on the back seat. I think its still in the little holder pot by the gear stick, clip and cord, gross i know lol. Least its not my car :) x

LMAO... you just reminded me. It came off while we were at camp, and I had tossed it in the side pouch of the diaper bag I don't use... I'll guarantee it is still there and it's been like five months. *shakes head*

We were thinking of keeping it, but our dog found and ate it .....

I was wondering whether to frame it...

no, I threw it into the nappy bin and later fished it out because OH wanted to see it.

Straight in the bin. Seeing and thinking about them makes me feel :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"