What I noticed about my FRER evap.

dakotadawn

Reaction score
I always use FRER and I have kept a lot of my old ones from previous cycles (I don't have pictures and if I figure out this phone I'll post the ones I do have). What I have noticed from all of my old old ones is that the evap lines are either
A: not there (meaning i can't see gray, ghost, indent, nothing.)
B: a visible indent
C: gray/offwhite/ or ghostly.

I am currently testing again and this is what I have found:

First test done 7 dpo with FMU had a ghost line before 3 minutes was up. I decided it was the antibody strip and that it was too early to test anyway.

Second was taken at 10:30 at night on 9dpo with highly concentrated urine and discarded after five minutes. Five hours later I grabbed it and it was a definite pink line.

Thirdly was 10 dpo again at 10:30 only this time is was diluted urine. I saw the antibody strip as the test was processed and then it went blank as suspected.

Now I am looking at all three. The one done early is has a faint indent line. The one done on 9dpo with highly concentrated urine is still very much pink. and the one done on 10dpo with diluted urine has an indent line. I am now 11dpo and waiting to test again, I just wanted to share what I have found about FRER evaps and get some feedback. Thanks :D :kiss:

Ive had a bfn an taken apart frer theres always an indent line ..and if you look really hard while its put together you can see it too

yeah. When you take it apart and flip it over you can see where the indent is.

I always use FRER and I have kept a lot of my old ones from previous cycles (I don't have pictures and if I figure out this phone I'll post the ones I do have). What I have noticed from all of my old old ones is that the evap lines are either
A: not there (meaning i can't see gray, ghost, indent, nothing.)
B: a visible indent
C: gray/offwhite/ or ghostly.

I am currently testing again and this is what I have found:

First test done 7 dpo with FMU had a ghost line before 3 minutes was up. I decided it was the antibody strip and that it was too early to test anyway.

Second was taken at 10:30 at night on 9dpo with highly concentrated urine and discarded after five minutes. Five hours later I grabbed it and it was a definite pink line.

Thirdly was 10 dpo again at 10:30 only this time is was diluted urine. I saw the antibody strip as the test was processed and then it went blank as suspected.

Now I am looking at all three. The one done early is has a faint indent line. The one done on 9dpo with highly concentrated urine is still very much pink. and the one done on 10dpo with diluted urine has an indent line. I am now 11dpo and waiting to test again, I just wanted to share what I have found about FRER evaps and get some feedback. Thanks :D :kiss:

Hi! I have noted all of those same things plus a couple of others that coincide with your 9dpo evap- I have gotten pink evaps, ONLY when my urine is concentrate or I pee alot on the stick. PLUS you can get a pink evap on an FRER with water... if you overasaturate... and if you take it apart and it comes in contact with heat, it will often turn pink under those circumstances too.

I like this thread! :) I sure hope your 12 dpo is a CLASSIC positive!

These darn FRERs need to make up their minds. And don't quote me on this, but I think the one with the pink line was the least saturated of all... Can't really remember.

These darn FRERs need to make up their minds.

Heres how I work with FRER...when I have infact been pregnant there is a pink line with in seconds of the pee crossing the window, but definitely within 3 minutes. maybe faint but still obvious enough that anyone, even "regular people" who have not been infected with the TTC and BnB bug would say, oh yea youre pregnant. no opening the casette and investigating or anything. if its the white line, which Ive learned you can always see, or a grey shadow etc... i just toss it and do so in the next door neighbors trash so unless I want to risk arrest I cant go back and look. :) Its ONLY when we obsess on our tests that they get us confused and perplexed and that we find evaps and indents and grey lines etc. I KNOW that this is a huge undertaking for us BnB'ers but honestly- FRER works just fine under these circumstances... :hugs:

I thought this was a good thread to help you hun,
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-tests/793788-frer-evaps-s-update-p2.html

see theres a common theme... going back after the 5 minutes, or taking it apart, etc... usually going back after the 5 minutes. I KNOW This is hard for all of us! ME TOO! But its just the biggest key to finding success with our FRER, or any other test for that matter..... we have been lied to that pink will only appear when there is hcg... we proved this last month when several of us tested over saturation, water, heat, waiting hours, etc to bring up pink..... our best bet is the wait five minutes, dont crack it open, and then toss method....otherwise FRER sucks major ducks! :) big hugs sweetie, Im eager to see your test tomorrow and I SOOOO hope you get your under 5 minute pretty pink line!
:hugs:

Heres how I work with FRER...when I have infact been pregnant there is a pink line with in seconds of the pee crossing the window, but definitely within 3 minutes. maybe faint but still obvious enough that anyone, even "regular people" who have not been infected with the TTC and BnB bug would say, oh yea youre pregnant. no opening the casette and investigating or anything. if its the white line, which Ive learned you can always see, or a grey shadow etc... i just toss it and do so in the next door neighbors trash so unless I want to risk arrest I cant go back and look. :) Its ONLY when we obsess on our tests that they get us confused and perplexed and that we find evaps and indents and grey lines etc. I KNOW that this is a huge undertaking for us BnB'ers but honestly- FRER works just fine under these circumstances... :hugs:

This is so true!!! I told DH that unless the test line was PLAINLY VISBLE to the naked eye in the casing then I wouldn't be telling anyone. If I ever get to that point that is!! lol I had an amazing pink line today for about one full minute. Then it left me, lol. Cruel FR!!!!! Oh well, nothing is perfect so we can't expect a test to be!!

This is so true!!! I told DH that unless the test line was PLAINLY VISBLE to the naked eye in the casing then I wouldn't be telling anyone. If I ever get to that point that is!! lol I had an amazing pink line today for about one full minute. Then it left me, lol. Cruel FR!!!!! Oh well, nothing is perfect so we can't expect a test to be!!

Was it on an FRER? Thats happened to me before, I think sometimes that pink crosses and it lights up the antibody strip for a minute and then it clears. STUPID! Thats why we have to have a "whats it look like at 5 minutes after absolutely no cracking open or manipulation?" and if its not obvious, we toss it! SO hard to do! LOL. Im glad youre going to dinner. Id be losing my flippin mind waiting for AF or an answer, youre being very patient my dear. :) did you take the clomid more days then usual etc? Any reason you can think why period is late??

Im trying to think of a slogan for us to remember when we use FRER... like the "Pee, time, toss" OR how about the wet it, time it, toss it method? Lol... something to remind us that that is ALL we can do with them and count on! I swear it is ONLY when this rule is broken we end up with PG test issues....

I am so glad someone started this thread!!! It bothers me a little when people on here totally go against all the directions of a frer and then say how badly they suck!!! If you read the directions, it tells you to disregard any test results after 10 minutes, so why does everyone insist on taking it out of the case, letting it dry, and then b****ing that it gave them a bad result. Some people expect waaaayyyy too much out of these tests. I have been guilty of it myself, but when you actually do get a positive, even if it is a super faint one, you know the difference between that and a negative. If you have an iffy result, wait till the next day and if it hasn't progressed at all then it was most likely a negative. I am not trying to offend anyone here but I do think frer's do a good job. Sometimes women have chemicals too and they do get a positive and then it goes away (that happened to me last cycle), but frer still did it's job detecting the hcg.

I am so glad someone started this thread!!! It bothers me a little when people on here totally go against all the directions of a frer and then say how badly they suck!!! If you read the directions, it tells you to disregard any test results after 10 minutes, so why does everyone insist on taking it out of the case, letting it dry, and then b****ing that it gave them a bad result. Some people expect waaaayyyy too much out of these tests. I have been guilty of it myself, but when you actually do get a positive, even if it is a super faint one, you know the difference between that and a negative. If you have an iffy result, wait till the next day and if it hasn't progressed at all then it was most likely a negative. I am not trying to offend anyone here but I do think frer's do a good job. Sometimes women have chemicals too and they do get a positive and then it goes away (that happened to me last cycle), but frer still did it's job detecting the hcg.

Babers, I completely agree. When you truly follow the instructions, FRER are the most reliable test on the market... but really even the IC's and such.. its always "after it dried it had a ________" we just arent supposed to even HAVE the test any more after it dried. And its because chemicals have chemical reactions, (not to get all sciency) but its true! Once you open an FRER it will totally change its chemical composition and anything, including pink lines, can happen. I always say, when in doubt- its negative. Time to wait for the next day! Like you said, I get the obsession and I get sucked in too but at the end of the day if we are going to tweak, manipulate, open tests, look at them after 5 mins, etc- then we need to know that we will get all kinds of crazy results that really dont mean anything. The one I find the hardest is when I see ladies get the "positives" after they have dried or been opened etc and then feel like they must have had a chemical... having had a chemical yourself Im sure you will agree its nothing to WANT to have had or go thru the pain of if you dont HAVE to... unless the test is positive per instructions on the test, and usually more then once, we shouldnt count a pregnancy, or god forbid a miscarriage! Tnank you for your post so much Babers! we are in it together... now lets test responsibly ladies! BIG hugs...:hugs:

I have the slogan for you!!!

For a test to work PROPERLY
first we must PEE,
then wait and SEE
now the most important KEY!!!
Throw it away QUICKLY

You like?????

first we must PEE,
then wait and SEE
Throw it away QUICKLY

You like?????

hehe i like this made me giggle x

first we must PEE,
then wait and SEE
Throw it away QUICKLY

You like?????

I LOVE IT! This should be the BnB slogan! Although I guess if this WAS the Bnb slogan.... there wouldnt be much of a BnB because everything about BnB is disobeying this rule! :)

I know this is a very old thread, but just wanted to add that sometimes once the frer has dried you can see a pink line NEXT to the indent of where the real line would be if you were pregnant. It makes a very convincing line but when you hold it up to the light you can see the white indent next to it. I think it happens as the dye comes back across the test, then stops and collects next to the indent line.

You see, for me I've never ever ever seen a line on a frer if I wasn't pregnant. I have taken tests apart, and examined them at every angle almost hoping to imagine even a smidge of a line and nothing. Not even when playing with pictures and saturations etc. Frer has been very good to me. Very true to brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->