What infant seat!!??

missteep

Reaction score
Okay ladies.. i need help! I have no idea what infant car seat to get! I know that I want to get a travel system but i just can't decide on what brand. There are so many options! This is our first child so i'm clueless. So, what have you chose? Pro's con's of what you chose? I am due mid August so have a little time, but need to start getting things together! Im in the US if that matters!

Thanks in advance!

We got the Graco Snugride 35 because it goes down to 4lbs and with twins had a chance they'd be smaller. They are probably about 6lbs each already though.

Don't know what is available in the US - do you have Maxi Cosi? We have their Cabrio Fix. It fits our Mamas and Papas pram frame and the Baby Jogger City Mini we have. There's a set of adapters for each.

All I would say is we found they are worth getting. We have a birth to 4 years seat for DD1 at first. When she was a few weeks old and we started going out with her we went and bought the Cabrio Fix. It was so much easier than using the pram all the time. If we were out for a while I would put her in the flat pram but to go in the supermarket (without waking her by moving her from car to trolley) to eat in a restaurant (so many refused to let us have the pram at the table which meant I'd have to eat one handed and hold her the whole time) or this time to drop dd1 off at nursery - a carry car seat is soo much easier.

I have the Chicco ( i think its called the keyfit 30) travel system/seat. I liked it with my daughter, am using it again this second time around. I think the graco and Chicco systems are very similar. Don't think you could go wrong with either of these. Maybe go to a store and try them out, snapping the seat in and out of base, seeing how easy stroller is to fold up, etc. good luck!

I have evenflo carseat I had one with my DD and DS and I bought a new one for this third baby... they go from 4-35lbs... plus im really picky with color/patterns and the evenflo had a nice solid color I liked.... I do have a graco carseat for my son now that he is bigger... I like both brands...

Do you have any organisations that independently test products in the US? "WHICH?" do that here in the UK and we just went with what had the highest safety rating in the tests (the Maxi Cosi Pebble with Isofix in 2011). Maybe AAA publish similar tests?

I have the chicco keyfit 30, though i had been recommended the maxi cosi as well beforehand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->