What is Breakthrough Bleeding?

WeeNat

Reaction score
Hi, im just wondering if anyone knows what Breakthrough bleeding is?

I had a 1 1/2 day bleed. At first i thought it was AF but it just seemed different.

Has anyone experienced Breakthrough Bleeding before or could shed some light on it??

Thanks so much, im just puzzled by my weird short period.

I'm having the same thing today. I'm curious too. I hope you get an answer soon.

Hi Nola, so far no one has left a comment apart from yourself...

Tell me about whats happened to you?

Aww I was hoping you would get some answers. I woke up with it being 10 DPO but then I started having a light period a few hours later. I thought it may be implantation bleeding cause of how light it was and my periods usually start off heavier, but then I got really bad cramps (which the timing is weird cause I always get cramps before AF actually comes). So I am not getting my hopes up and I'm just going to assume it's AF unless it doesn't get heavier. It's been pretty light all day so we'll see what happens tomorrow. I thought I might have a chance this month cause I have symptoms I have never had before (night sweats and hot flashes the last few nights, stuffy nose and really thirsty but only at night, tender breasts but only near the armpits, and now today all of a sudden my teeth hurt (both sides are sensitive and that never happens). Do you have any weird symptoms too?

Hi to both of you! I can't help with the break through bleeding but wanted to share a story with you about implantation bleeding...I just had a friend who was about 3-5 days past O and started seeing brownish, sometimes red spotting when she went to the bathrom as well as bad cramping. She totally thought she was getting/had her period as this continued for 9 days (YES, I said 9!) and at one point it was heavy enough to where she wore a tampon. But because this was quite an odd and light "period" for her, she had doubts and she also had some symptoms she was unsure of. She took many tests all BFN but it wasn't until yesterday (so what 14-16 days past O she got a faint but POSITVE test! Moral of the story, implantation bleeding may last longer than the commonly noted 2-3 days and can be heavier! Good luck and much baby dust!

Thank you for responding. That gives me some hope. Same to you :)

Aww I was hoping you would get some answers. I woke up with it being 10 DPO but then I started having a light period a few hours later. I thought it may be implantation bleeding cause of how light it was and my periods usually start off heavier, but then I got really bad cramps (which the timing is weird cause I always get cramps before AF actually comes). So I am not getting my hopes up and I'm just going to assume it's AF unless it doesn't get heavier. It's been pretty light all day so we'll see what happens tomorrow. I thought I might have a chance this month cause I have symptoms I have never had before (night sweats and hot flashes the last few nights, stuffy nose and really thirsty but only at night, tender breasts but only near the armpits, and now today all of a sudden my teeth hurt (both sides are sensitive and that never happens). Do you have any weird symptoms too?

Weird isnt it... how long is your LP? Have you gotten any of these symptoms before AF? I have a 14 day LP and i started to bleed then.

Well i cramped all through my cycle from Ovulation but then i stopped 3 days before i started to bleed. Through out my cycle i had sore nipples, so so tired, found it hard to sleep when i did go to my bed, vivid dreams, headaches.
When i did bleed at the start it was pink spotting. The following day it was med/light flow, dark red. The next morning there was nothing... then in the afternoon i started bleeding again but it was bright red, kindda thick but with dark specks (tiny clots) in it, then it stopped. Since then its just been brown blood when i wipe.

Ive had a headache all day and i was sick after lunch.

I just dont know what to think....:wacko:

Good luck, i hope this weird cycle brings us both some unpredicted happy news :flower:

Hi to both of you! I can't help with the break through bleeding but wanted to share a story with you about implantation bleeding...I just had a friend who was about 3-5 days past O and started seeing brownish, sometimes red spotting when she went to the bathrom as well as bad cramping. She totally thought she was getting/had her period as this continued for 9 days (YES, I said 9!) and at one point it was heavy enough to where she wore a tampon. But because this was quite an odd and light "period" for her, she had doubts and she also had some symptoms she was unsure of. She took many tests all BFN but it wasn't until yesterday (so what 14-16 days past O she got a faint but POSITVE test! Moral of the story, implantation bleeding may last longer than the commonly noted 2-3 days and can be heavier! Good luck and much baby dust!

Wow, thats an amazing story... i got my positive OPK test on the 16th of september, so i could have ovulated between then and the 18th. I started bleeding on the 2nd of Oct but like i said, only lasted a day and a half, rest of the time its been spotting.

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply!! :flower: x

I have an 11 day LP. Could you be ready to test by now? I'm never gotten the hot flashes/sweats or teeth hurting before AF. I also have been having vivid dreams the last week or so. I am still bleeding a little. Just enough to wipe away and a tiny bit on the pad between restroom visits. I hope we both have happy results too. Good luck!

My AF is due Oct 8th and since last 2 days I have been having brown discharge. Usually I get this before my AF starts, worried if its the same.

What DPO are you ladies in? I am on 10-11DPO took a cheap preg test and got a BFN :(

I had a bit of bleeding the day after we bd. I don't know if it was break through bleeding or not. Just there when I wiped once. I was kinda shocked.

My AF is due Oct 8th and since last 2 days I have been having brown discharge. Usually I get this before my AF starts, worried if its the same.

What DPO are you ladies in? I am on 10-11DPO took a cheap preg test and got a BFN :(

Its all confusing this TTC. I odnt think ive paid this much attention to my body before!!!

I had a bit of bleeding the day after we bd. I don't know if it was break through bleeding or not. Just there when I wiped once. I was kinda shocked.

I would be the same... when are you due AF?

hey WeeNat.. When are u planning to test ?

I don't know... Maybe today or Monday.

You?? X

Hey weenat... Because i got a bfn yesterday n was upset the whole day.. Am not planning to test until i miss af by a day. Am so scared to test.

Is this ur #1 and how many months have u been trying?

Hey weenat... Because i got a bfn yesterday n was upset the whole day.. Am not planning to test until i miss af by a day. Am so scared to test.

Is this ur #1 and how many months have u been trying?

I already have a daughter who is turning 3 this Dec.

Sorry to hear that you were upset. I undertsand how it can make you feel.

I tested today and got a very very white negitive. So, im taking this as another weird period. I have the doctors on monday and i will ask him to check my hormones. Fed up :(

The exact same thing happened to me. I AF came on Saturday was really light for 4 days and went away. Ever since my first period (at 13) it has been for 7 days and extremely heavy (except for my time on BC). Also no PMS. This one totally threw me off balance. I tested on Tuesday and got a BFN.

Dont worry weenat.. Everything will be fine.. Fx for u!

The exact same thing happened to me. I AF came on Saturday was really light for 4 days and went away. Ever since my first period (at 13) it has been for 7 days and extremely heavy (except for my time on BC). Also no PMS. This one totally threw me off balance. I tested on Tuesday and got a BFN.

Same as me... i had exact symptoms back in march. I never ever get sore nipples etc before my period.

Are you going to wait until next expected period or will you go to your doctors?

Dont worry weenat.. Everything will be fine.. Fx for u!

Thanks Eager, dont know whats up. Extreamly tired tonight, i had to go for a nap. Also, since i started bleeding ive been having loose stools (sorry). Still getting headaches and im not one to suffer from them.

Well, i guess the doc may shed some light? Who knows?

How are you tonight, i hope you are doing something nice x x

Ahhh tats a lot to take.. Poor u!! ..i just hope u r going thru all this just for a BFP.

For me the brown discharge has increased... Have a feeling it will turn into af by tomo or day after :( other than that no symptoms. I just have to wait n watch .

Btw its day time here in north east :) keep us posted on what the dr has to say

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->