What is considered spotting in early pregnancy?

scorpgirl05

Reaction score
Is it when you wipe and you have brown to maroon blood? That is what I am getting. And also I have two spots in my underwear it has been going on for 2 days now. Should I be worried about miscarriage? I have period cramps for sure right now. Can you ladies tell me more of your experiences with bleeding in early pregnancy?

If there is blood with any pain I would def get checked out by the dr

Yes, that is what is considered spotting. It can be either pink or brown but should only be a few drops. For me personally with my miscarriages I didn't start bleeding right away with any of them, even my chemical. When the bleeding started with my chemical about a week after I took a PG test, it was red blood and lasted about 10 days but never got heavier than a typical heavy period. With my only natural miscarriage (my other was a D&C), the bleeding started light and became heavier until I finally passed the sac 28 days later. I didn't cramp with my miscarriage until about an hour before I passed the sac.

Now I did have some spotting in early pregnancy with both of my sons. With my first son, I thought I was going to lose him because I had bleeding not only when I wiped, but on my panties enough to fill a panty liner by the end of the day for about a week. Finally it went away. With this pregnancy, I only spotted when I wiped a few times. Thankfully we had three ultrasounds that showed he is fine. So really it can depend. If the bleeding gets heavier, I would definitely go in to get checked out at your nearest emergency service, especially if it is accompanied by cramping.

With this pregnancy I started having bright red blood a little over 5wks, didn't really mess up my underwear but was clearly there when I wiped and continued for almost a week, eventually fading to brown and then stopped. We saw a heartbeat when they redid the ultrasound so, for now at least, everything looks good. I also had cramping for almost 2wks at that time also which my ob said was fairly common. Try not to worry too much at this point. It sounds pretty normal. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->