• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

What is going on? I'm in so much pain! :(

DMG83

Mum to 1 beautiful girl
Reaction score
Had a few pelvic aches during my fit pump class today so didn't do the press ups because it was causing what felt like a pressure down really low - but i've come home, had my dinner, and the aching has just gradually got worse. Now it's a full blown pain really low down central below my bump and it's so unbelievably painful :cry: i don't know what it is. I always sit with my legs crossed at my desk at work but today it was really painful in my hips to sit like that so i sat with them on a foot block thing to raise them. When i was in my fit pump class every time i lay down i needed to put my knees pointing outwards with my legs spread a bit because it was aching to keep them straight - it feels like it's the bones that are hurting though all between my legs and up in my thigh sockets :cry: anyone had this? have i overstretched and pulled something do you think? :shrug:

baby's fine just had the doppler out, hb 157 and seriously swishing around in there tonight :thumbup:

I'm not sure what it is but I get such pain in my pelvis and in that whole area in general but it does feel like a bone pain more than anything. I had this from about week 18and I think it's SPD, although that's only self diagnosis so not exactly accurate but I find if I over do it then it's so much worse than if I have a few days rest. If the pain gets seriously worse or is persistent for much longer I'd give your midwife a ring or try see someone to rule out anything more serious but I think it's just all part of it.x

i googled it and the only thing i could come up with was spd too... it feels exactly as they've described.. fantastic :grr: they do say that water exercise can help and i've got aqua aerobics tomorrow and sunday so fingers crossed.. it's so painful - and it's made my sciatic pain flare up again as well :nope:

hope you feel better soon x

You may well have overdone it... although the way you have described it, it does sound like it could be SPD/PGP... I have it twice now and both times it is a lot worse after exercise. Have a read up about it and if you think it sounds as if it could be contact your midwife to discuss it - I would recommend you stop sitting with your legs crossed and be careful of exercise that means you have to stretch your legs further apart than you would if walking until you know for sure x

Swimming is good - just avoid breast stroke as you have to kick your legs out too far apart x

do you think i should ring my mw and tell her i think it might be spd? will she think i'm being overdramatic and self-diagnosing? i really think it might be after reading about it - it's all in my crotch and hips in the bones x

I think maybe you should ring her and tell her about the type of pain you are having - and I think she will probably diagnose it herself! There isnt a lot she can do - other than refer you to a physio... and again they cant do much during pregnancy other than provide a support belt and some exercises/tips etc. In my experience they are more useful post pregnancy to get you loosened up again..

Its not the end of the world and can differ in severity - especially if you are aware of it and plan what you do/how you move to mimimise it. You sound like you are very active and enjoy your exercise - so if it turns out that you do have it - a chat with your midwife/a physio would be a good idea so you know what to continue doing and maybe what to avoid now.

thanks :thumbup: i'll give her a call sometime this week - as long as bubs is ok is all i care about - but it'd be such a shame to have to cut down on the exercise as i think exercise and healthy baby/body go hand in hand.. :dohh: but will have to see what she says.

I do feel like someone could stand on my lower back and bum and just crack the hell out of it for me this evening and it would be bliss! lol

It wont harm baby dont worry - and you will just have to do exercise that wont aggravate it.. like swimming. Good luck x

I haven't told my midwife that I think I have it but to be honest it's flared up then gone away again so it's been liveable. If it got worse and persisted I would mention it though. Best to if it's really painful x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"