What is going on?!

Jcliff

Reaction score
So long story short, I went to the Dr last Friday for my first US, I thought I was about 6-7weeks pregnant. But Dr only saw a small sac measuring 5w. Nothing visible in it. He told me Il prob start bleeding and should prepare for a MC. Ok fine I accepted it, moved on. I'm okay now, just waiting for it to happen. Dr took my blood just in case. Anyway all weekend I'm sick, throwing up, feel just as terrible as I did with my two other kids. I chalk it up to a stomach bug. Well Dr. called me about an hour ago telling me my HCG is high went up past 17,000 and prog high as well at 50. Told me to come back for an US on thurs to see if they can see anything else.?? Does this even make sense? Last time I had a blighted ovum I started to bleed at like 5 weeks and my HCG dropped. This is so weird. Has this happened to anyone?

Maybe your dates were off? Late implantation, delayed O?

5 weeks is super early, it's very normal not to see much at that stage. X

But at 17,000 shouldn't something be visible ?

But at 17,000 shouldn't something be visible ?

Not necessarily. HCG levels can vary a lot, and it's totally possible to have those levels too early to see anything on the scan. Just happened to a friend of mine, actually, although hers turned out to be twins. :winkwink:

Knew this was possible for you! Fingers are crossed for you but I know you're well prepared for bad news so I hope good news finds you and a miracle happens!

I still don't think it adds up. I got my BFP on May 24. I guess we'll see. I've stopped my prenatals, guess I should start again just in case .

My fingers stay crossed for you, try keep yourself busy until Thursday and you'll soon have answers. Stranger things have happened. I don't want to get your hopes up so I won't. I'll just tell you it's not over until the fat lady sings :)

It's possible you could have ovulated late. Are you 100% sure on when you ovulated? From what I was reading if you ovulate late it can take up to 2 weeks longer to get a positive pregnancy test. So what the doctor saw on the ultrasound would be right on track with where you should be if you ovulated late.

I have no idea when I ovulated or anything. All I know is my husband and I DTD on may 5 and may 12. Took a test on May 18..BFN and then BFP on may 24. That's all I know LOL oh and on may 25 my HCG was 267

May 25th you probably were 14-16dpo with that hcg so now you should be 6w4d to 7 weeks so Friday you should have seen a gestational sac, yolk sac and fetal pole. Probably a heartbeat too but it would have been 6w2d and sometimes it takes a few days longer. With blighted ovum hcg can rise still. If they only saw a small gestational empty sac Friday I would be concerned too. All you can do is wait for the follow-up scan to see how things progress. I'm sorry you're dealing with this :(

Sweetie hold on to hope. Especially considering you don't know when you ovulated. Even if you went based on when you got the positive pregnancy test it would still line up to around 5 weeks pregnant. Without taking into consideration your last AF, because if you ovulated late that wouldn't matter as much.

I'm fine with either outcome. This was not planned at all! I have two kids under 4, I just started a new job, this was not the plan. But it is what it is.

I'm fine with either outcome. This was not planned at all! I have two kids under 4, I just started a new job, this was not the plan. But it is what it is.

Ok well I hope the waiting to know goes fast for you. I know being in limbo like this must drive you nuts.

Hold onto hope!

I had a blighted ovum ... it stopped growing at 5 1/2 weeks, however I did not find out until 9 weeks... it was considered a mmc and ended up having to have a d&c

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! 🤞 This is a whole lot of crap you've had to go through I hope it's a happy ending.

Dr told me I won't need a d & c hopefully. I've had losses before and everything came out itself

Dr told me I won't need a d & c hopefully. I've had losses before and everything came out itself

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->