what is that?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Bebica, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Bebica

Bebica Well-Known Member

my neighbour is 5 mos prego and she is wearing some tiny wires hooked around her heart(like ekg) and i dodn't want to ask her what it is(we are not talking) but does anyone has any idea what it is..obviously measures her heart because it's just like when they you hooked on ekg(stickers) ,meaning-around her heart...is it something about pregnancy or maybe just her...

2. Stefani11

Stefani11 Well-Known Member

Might be a portable monitor. If she has any irregularities they could be monitoring her. I had one for a week once. Just had to go about my normal activities and it was all recorded down for the docs to look at after a week. X

3. letshaveababy

letshaveababy Mommy of 4!!

Yep, a friend of mine had the same thing. She had heart surgery when she was a baby, so at some point in her pregnancy (can't remember what stage), she had to wear a monitor too.

4. Kristin83

Kristin83 Mommy to twin boys & NTNP

I've been having issues with my blood pressure dropping and almost passing out. When I told my doctor she said if it continues she may have me monitored with an EKG...maybe thats how they do it?