what is the best breast pump??

Raven24

mum
Reaction score
i currently have a manual breast pump and am exclusivly expressing for little one and i have been getting on ok with it but i would like a better one as sometimes i cant express more then 2oz and william is comfortably drinking 3oz so i dont think the one i have is as effective as it could be.

for those using a pump what have been your experiences and what type have you found to be the best and also are the electric ones tht much better then manual and are they worth the extra money?

thanks

I have an electric double pump... so great! I can get about 7oz in 15 minutes. There are many brands out there, but I use the Ameda Purely Yours. I know Medela makes a bunch too. I think they are totally worth it.. especially if you plan on expressing so much.

I have the medela swing and its been FABULOUS!!!
Hospitals tend to use mainly medela or ameda pumps which made me think that either of those would be the best brands to go for. I think you can hire them too y'know

I started with a manual tommy tippee but couldn't live without the leccy one now.

:blush: remember when it used to be new shoes I couldn't live without - now it's a breast pump :rofl::rofl:

I have the Ameda Purely Yours double electric. It is great! :thumbup: I can get 7-10 ounces in 5-10 minutes tops. If you are exclusively pumping then I would strongly recommend a double electric pump. You can get them second hand on ebay for cheaper -- just sterilize and/or replace the bottles and shields. :)

Another vote here for Medela. I have the swing one and think its fantastic, I can pump 5oz in 10 mins just one boob,first thing in the morning :thumbup:

Wow I'm amazed, 7-10 ozs. I couldn't get that in a whole day when pumping at work :cry:. I have a Medela and it works good for me.

I have an Ameda Lactaline double electric pump and would strongly recommend it. It has a double control, so you can change the vacuum and the speed. This helps to replicate baby's sucking, starting quick and weaker, getting stronger and slower. I bought it on eBay and this and the sterilising pod are my best baby buys. Couldn't live without either as I've had to express some of the time.

Wow I'm amazed, 7-10 ozs. I couldn't get that in a whole day when pumping at work :cry:. I have a Medela and it works good for me.

Don't take this as the norm! :nope: I have a large, creamy production because that is apparently what my LO needs. He is a big boy and growing super fast. (Born @ 39 weeks, 8 lbs 14 oz, 21 lbs at 4 months). He's ABOVE the 100 percentile! :dohh: He eats more and more frequently than "normal" babies do! :rofl: I have no doubt that if I had a average or small size LO, my milk production would be much less.

Also, I tend to pump a bit more than he eats -- and do this on purpose so I always have a back up store. :mrgreen:

Don't take this as the norm! :nope: I have a large, creamy production because that is apparently what my LO needs. He is a big boy and growing super fast. (Born @ 39 weeks, 8 lbs 14 oz, 21 lbs at 4 months). He's ABOVE the 100 percentile! :dohh: He eats more and more frequently than "normal" babies do! :rofl: I have no doubt that if I had a average or small size LO, my milk production would be much less.

Also, I tend to pump a bit more than he eats -- and do this on purpose so I always have a back up store. :mrgreen:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

If you are exclusively expressing, then I would definitely recommend an electric pump rather than a manual - believe me, your hand/arm will ache after a week or two of regular pumping!

I've tried the Medela Mini (great suction but quite vicious as no "soft" start), and the Medela Swing (loved the two-phase pumping but my flow seemed slow). Luckily as my baby is still under NICU Outreach care, I have been loaned a hospital-grade double pump, which I find brilliant as it has strong suction but also halves the time involved in pumping.

I'm exclusively pumping and have the tommee tippee one as it was on offer in mothercare, I think it was reduced from nearly £80 to £50. It's really good- the only bug bare for me is that I don't use tommee tippee bottles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->