What is the difference between...

carry cot goes on to a pram and can go outside, moses basket is for indoors only.

carry cot goes on to a pram and can go outside, moses basket is for indoors only.

thank you Tweedy...sorry one more question, why do you need a moses basket then? couldn't you just use the carry cot indoors and out? x

i honestly wouldnt waist the money on a moses basket if you have a carry cot,with both my kids they werent in the moses baskets longer than a week as they didnt like it so i wont be buying one this time round,we have got a nice comfy pushchair that lies right bk for in the day and baby will be in its cot straight away,its also safer for me too as i wouldnt trust my ds who is two with the moses basket as he could tip it up easily x x

i used the moses basket for about 5 weeks, but i didn't have a carry cot, just a pramette type thing, so it wasn't as though i could have carted it up the stairs for sleeping, but i wouldn't have bothered with a moses basket if i had a carry cot, they are in them for such a small amount of time.

i honestly wouldnt waist the money on a moses basket if you have a carry cot,with both my kids they werent in the moses baskets longer than a week as they didnt like it so i wont be buying one this time round,we have got a nice comfy pushchair that lies right bk for in the day and baby will be in its cot straight away,its also safer for me too as i wouldnt trust my ds who is two with the moses basket as he could tip it up easily x x

So did you put the baby in the Cot at night right from the word go?

I'd much prefer to do that as I think moving from a moses basket to a massive cot could be a shock to the babies system, further down the line. Putting baby in the Cot from the word go, seems more sensible to me. But as it's my first, I really am unsure about it :shrug:

We are going to have both, saves me moving the moses basket downstairs during the day time etc

We are having both too, i don't want to be carrying a Moses basket downstairs every day

A lot of carrycots say on them something like 'not for long periods of sleep' - mattresses are probably not that great.

We had carrycot with the pram and a moses basket.

Carrycot was only used when outside for walks.

Moses basket was used all day long indoors - babies can sleep up to 20hrs a day and its good if you have something they can sleep in in the lounge rather than having to put them into a cot which is in a bedroom for 20hrs a day.

Anna was in her moses basket for about 5 months. Great in that you can carry it all around the house with you!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->