what is the waiting list for nhs ivf in manchester england?

w8n 4 miracle

Reaction score
my husband and i have to use ivf to conceive our first baby. neither of us have got previous children.

we are under the care of a gynao at the moment, and they will refer us to st mary's hospital in manchester in sep 09.

when i had my lap that confirmed it had to be ivf, we were told the waiting list is a year. is that true? or can it be sooner? how many tries do you get? is it one or 3?

if anyone has been to st mary's in manchester could you please tell me your experience with this hospital.

we are both in our 20's.

thanks a lot!

Hi there,

Didn't want to read and run without trying to help you. Can't comment directly about Manchester but was wondering if you could phone the hospital waiting list department to check. In Northern Ireland we are able to phone the waiting list team and check what number you are on the list. They also told me how many couples they see a month which gives you an approximate timescale. They could also tell you how many cycles youre entitled to etc...

Hope this is of some help. Good luck. I'm also in 20s, trying to conceive first baby and it's gonna be IVF for us too

:hugs:

I think they're trying to bring the waiting lists down, so I wouldn't think you would have to wait more than 6 months, but I'd phone to check
xx

Hi my sister has just had IVF done at a private clinic and following some complications was recently in St Marys. I spoke to a nurse on the gyneocology ward and she said IVF patients are now seen and treatment completed in 18 weeks (could have been 16).

Hope this helps!!!

I agree, it has to be within 18 weeks now to be seen so thankfully no more 2 year waiting lists!

Hopefully you've now been referred to st Mary's, i've just had all my initial tests and scan and my next app is 1st December so hopefully we're on the way!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->