What is you OH doing to help TTC?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by anxiousbump1, Jan 31, 2011.

1. anxiousbump1

anxiousbump1 Mummy to Aiden & Pregnant

Hey ladies,
    My OH has just spent an hour with some card and plastic and tape making me a storage sheet for my IC's OPK's so i can look at them with the dates to see the colour change, and to help us establish Ovulation,
    he also came home today after shopping and has bought loads of tomatoes for the tomoato soup and some wellman conception vits and no beer (he likes a beer after work usually) and asked me is there anything else he can do as he feels useless that the pressure is all on me...
    i was gobsmacked!...
    just wondered what everyone else's OH's have done/are doing to help in getting that BFP!:happydance:
    i think he has been listening to me after hearing so much so these boards!
    hopefully should be an interesting thread :) x

2. Mellybelle

Mellybelle Well-Known Member

I had my DH take zinc tablets. He's been taking them for about 3 or 4 months (i think)

3. Mellybelle

Mellybelle Well-Known Member

and bless your OH for doing all that he can. Its so sweet!

4. seoj

seoj Our family of four...

Ah, how sweet is that! Love to hear when the hubbies are so helpful ;) hehe.

My hubby HAD to help- haha- as he went through 2 VR's in our TTC journey... and now we are on to IUI, so we are BOTH doing our part there... He's SUCH a trooper though. Really never complains about any of it.

But mostly, he's just been supportive and wonderful throughout this whole experience... even with all the frustrations and disappointment... it's only brought us closer.

Best of luck to all you lovely ladies!!!

5. Lisa1

Lisa1 Well-Known Member

My oh has given up ciggs:) he has also started training. His friend just had a little girl and I think he just realised how much he wants one to.

Also he just did his sa so I think he knew the smoking wouldn't help with that. He takes well man vits as well although behaves like a little girl as he hates the taste lol

6. hlynn

hlynn Well-Known Member

my DH takes the supplements called fertilaid for men he takes them 3 times a day every day and he never forgets..he has the highest sex drive ever and thinks that even once a day isnt enough lol but hes calmed down a lot because ive told him that even :sex: every day is pushing it..when i start AF he also makes sure i have everything i need for the month like opks, preseed and the baby aspirin that i take..he really does try but he doesnt always understand everything lol

7. anxiousbump1

awww bless your hubbys sound awesome, i was looking into zinc tabs for him, but feel bad to make him do so much...
    he has insisted this month we BD everyday until2 days after OV and when i get +ve opk's twice a day 8 hours apart, our doctor said his sperm count is high and will replenish betwen 8 - 10hours, my hubby gave up the ciggys when i fell pg with my DS
    so i ave been really grateful...dont know what else we can do now but wait?
    my first month using opk's s he insisting on displaying them in order to see the colour change :)
    with my son we were NTNP and fell on the first month and this time round four months in and im getting worried tbh, as i wanted two close together as i never had that and my doctor today said 'time is on my side' but the hubby said its on her side and not mine...i am 20 and he is 29..bless him, i think he is starting to worry about his age being the problem...

8. anxiousbump1

and im keeping my F'xd for all you ladies for your :bfp:
    BABY :dust: TO YOU ALL

9. fides

fides Well-Known Member

awww!! sounds like some excellent and supportive husbands out there!

the biggest thing my husband does is to pray.

10. angelgirl86

angelgirl86 Well-Known Member

So far I haven't really asked DH to do much but I asked him the other day to make an appointment to get a SA done and he made one for this Fri. :).

11. mom22boys

mom22boys Well-Known Member

My hubby stopped all beer, he is also doing the no cokes, and he wakes me up everynight when he gets home from work at about 3:30am so that we can do the BD. (or there would not even be a chance of me getting pregnant cause we never see each other thru the week much)

He is always asking about the OPK tests and if I am doing them or gotten a positive one yet. He is just very sweet.

12. anxiousbump1

well good luck to all of you...would love to hear what everyon's OH does x

13. anxiousbump1

that is so lovely..he comes home tired and still wakes you to DTD thats lovely (when TTC anyway) haha
    gd luck love hope you get your BFP soon xx

14. hlynn

hlynn Well-Known Member

your hubby sounds seriously awesome!
    he sounds like hes into more than u which is amazing!
    i wouldnt be too worried, uve just had a baby not long ago so im sure that it will happen soon!
    i got pregnant with my first one while NTNP within 2 months and my second i got pregnant the first month we tried
    and now this time im on my 5th month of trying..
    i do sometimes have negative days where i feel like it might never happen agan for us
    but most days i still have a lot of hope that its gonna happen soon! :winkwink:
    i had my babies close together too..
    i got pregnant when my oldest was 8 months and they are 16 months apart now..2 girls and i secretly really wanted my 2nd to be a girl
    because i think sisters and brothers are TOO cute especially being so close together..they do everything together and my youngest copies my oldest all the time

15. Tina Bee

Tina Bee Guest

Anxiousbump1-tell your OH that 29 isnt old in the ttc world. If he was over 35 there might be some issues, but for now he's still a straping young buck. Good luck conceiving #2.

16. Broody1976

Broody1976 Well-Known Member

My OH is taking the Father to be tablets and easing up on the Beer - not drinking at all during the week and only a few at the weekend. He's also joined a gym and is on a mission to get fit :)

I do love him :cloud9:

17. jec

jec Well-Known Member

Hi girls :hi:

My OH has joined me on Maca, has agreed to having SA done, and changing his doctor so we're both with the same practice :thumbup:

Buuuuuttt.....i am having trouble getting him to cut down/stop smoking!! He even gets up in the middle of the night for one now and then :nope:

Hopefully the Doc will convince him to stop....

18. stouffer

stouffer Well-Known Member

Aww this is a nice thread!

My husband has stopped smoking on nights out (he's an occasional social smoker), did a SA and didn't complain about it once and he also does a good job at seeming interested in sex when he'd really rather not. :lol:

He also puts up with me obsessing over charts, CM and OPKs without being grossed out. Last night he said "we'd better put another love heart on your chart" hehe.

19. Kittenly

Kittenly Well-Known Member

My lovely hubby is also taking supplements and has taken to wearing looser undies!!!

He also lies with me for a good twenty mins after :sex: chatting to me as i lie with my legs up in the air!!! (probably doing nowt to help but nice to give the little guys a chance !! :spermy::spermy:)