• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

What is your main worry

I am really really worried that when I go to hospital when Im in labour, that theyre gonna send me to a different hospital miles away cause they dont have the space.
This has been happening alot at my hospital, alot of women have been talking about the complete lack of beds and the fact that they are getting sent from The Royal in Edinburgh, through to St Johns in Livingston or even sometimes STIRLING!!
Unbloodybelievable.
I really dont want to be sent packing when Im about to give birth! And nor do I want o be shunted through to St Johns as I hate that place and do not trust it. It was due to their negligence that my first son , Shaun died.
Nightmare. Im hoping and wishing all goes okay at the time.

k
x

I am worried that I might faint during labour. I have fainted quite a few times - giving blood etc. Scared that I might pass out and miss it all!

I'm slightly nervous about the drive to the hospital if I go into labour at night, since my mom doesn't see well in the dark, it'll be the middle of January in Wisconsin, and we live sort of in the country. I'd rather have my brother drive but only if he takes his Adderall first! lol

I'm pretty scared of tearing, not because of the pain so much as the potential for deep tissue damage and all that. I don't even know what else I'm scared of yet, it seems kind of surreal to look forward to still so my fears are still stuck in second trimester, like the fear of never being able to digest properly again!

How much time do you have, this might take a while :dohh: :blush:

My biggest worry is premature labor... don't ask me why.

I'm worried about labour, since I don't have much of a pain tolerance.
Really worried that they might use those instruments ( like big metal extraction prong thingies )
And worried that I'll poop during labour...will my husband live through that? He doesn't even like it if I fart in front of him by accident!!:shrug:

I'm worried about my hubbies reaction to the baby after birth.
How will I'll juggle work and family.
Who's going to look after my precious baby when I have to go back to work at 4 months?

There's more :wacko: :blush: but I'll spare you the detail.

I know it sounds horribly morbid but I am worry about SIDS. I also worry that I won't get any sleep becasue I will be checking the baby is breathing all the time! I am not too worried about the birth for some reason, although I am sure I will be nearer the time.

I'm super scared of SIDS too. My children are 7 and 20 months and I still check up on them several times a night to make sure they are breathing! That must be the most horrible thing to ever have to go through! Other than that I am terrified of having a C section and recovering. I'm also scared that there just isnt enough Mama to go around for all 3 :(

I'm worried and stressed that my private area gonna be for view, as I'm such a private personal hahaha! I'm worried about having my legs shaved tooo so peranoid as I shave my legs everyday ROLF. I'm super worried about pooping myself as I heard it can happening when your pushing really hard *gulp*.... and if I'll be able to handle the pain.

I'm slightly worried about baby coming so quickly I end up giving birth on the kitchen floor or something!:shrug:

Um, this is going to sound really silly,
I'm worried about how I'm going to get to the hospital!! Neither my OH or I drive, and we don't have any family/friends locally that do either. It's going to be the middle of winter and I'm scared that it will snow like it did in early feb this year and the whole city will shut down and I won't be able to get a cab/bus. I'm worried that the stress of all this will stop contractions once they've started and the hospital will send me home cause I'm not far enough along and then the same will happen again!!
Then I'm worried about actually leaving the hospital wiht a brand new newborn... and having to bring him/her home on a London bus!

My biggest worry is that the baby is born healthy... (and that I get through the birth ok) anything else is secondary.

I am trying very hard to do everything I can (pregnancy yoga, chosen a good hospital, later will do hypnobirthing, using a birthing ball, keeping fit and healthy and massage, reading pregnancy/baby books, buying the right things for baby etc) to make the birth as positive and manageable as possible. Ok, births rarely go to plan, but you cannnot plan for everything.

Somehow I know that husband and I will just cope when we get the baby home: we are both caring and intelligent... I know that we will struggle with things, but billions of parents have coped before us, so we can cope (somehow) too.

One step at a time, I reckon. Acknowledge what "challenges" may be ahead, do what you can to be prepared to cope with them and try to, then just get on and enjoy pregnancy and take each day as it comes. No point in worrying about things which probably wont be half as bad as you think (or even if they are bad, will be over quickly) - life is too short ;)

QT

ur all scaring the crap out of me now to be fair lol

same here!!! my worries were to do with actually looking after the baby- now Im scared of the labour!!!

I have had 4 miscarriage 2 of which were very very painful- I had full on contractions for 12 hours in both cases and 'gave birth'
has anyone experienced both this and labour- how do they compare?? (I might start a new thread in the MC area actually)

:wacko:

I'm so so scared this baby won't come home with us like our last one didn't:cry:. I used to fear labour, with my first 2 I made sure I had every pain relief going but I will take all the pain for this one to be born screaming and grow up healthy.

I'm so so scared this baby won't come home with us like our last one didn't:cry:. I used to fear labour, with my first 2 I made sure I had every pain relief going but I will take all the pain for this one to be born screaming and grow up healthy.

:hugs: xxx

:hugs:

This makes my fears seem so silly. :blush:

:hugs:

This makes my fears seem so silly. :blush:

Mine too :blush: So what if I puke? As long as baby is born healthy then that's the main thing :hugs:

My main worry is how I will cope when I get home. I suffer from really bad fatigue and if I don't have at least 9 hours sleep a night I feel really poorly. I know that is going to be impossible with a baby so just worried that I will struggle and then be too tired to look after my baby properly.

im just scared that when i get baby home i wont know what to do...:blush::shrug:

xx

Hello ladies.

I am not worried about labour itself. My great nan was a titch, 4'10" and had 4 children all naturally, the eldest is over 70 so I figure she didn't have the best health care or drugs and no doubt gave birth at home but hey she managed so why the hell can't I?

I am just worried that I will be rubbish, I am worried that my baby won't like me! lol

the same happening again :cry:

:cry::cry::cry::hugs:

I am not scared of anything really I am weirdly excited about the whole thing - I am petrified of misscarrying though and still cannot get my head around getting to the 'having a baby' bit.

oh :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :hugs:

I have MANY fears. Some are serious, some are completely silly.

- I'm scared there will be something wrong with the baby, either at anomaly scan or at birth.
- I'm worried about SIDS
- I'm scared doctors and midwives will treat me like a kid in the maternity ward.
- I'm scared I won't have anymore time for myself, that I'll be overwhelmed with responsibilities and things to do.
- I'm scared I'll have an ugly baby (big head, for instance)
- I'm scared I won't be able to bond because it's a little boy
- I'm scared we will run out of space in our appartment.
- I'm scared my cat will freak out and go on a peeing spree after the birth

Every day I can think of something new to worry about, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"