What is your religion and what does it stand for?

Arlandria

Love being Mrs.C xx
Reaction score
This isnt a debate thread just general knowledge please!

I do not really 'have' a belief - I dont know why?

But..

I am very interested to know what others believe in and why? and how it makes you feel...maybe then I might feel I have a direction to choose from :)

So...

Whats your religion and what does it stand for?

:flower:

i doubt it's considered a religion but i am humanist. i believe in the essential goodness of people and their ability to bring meaning to life

I am a Christian, by that I mean I believe in God, Jesus & I try to follow the Bible. Me & hubby read a part of the Bible each day at breakfast & discuss it & then try to apply it to our lives.

I am a Christian, by that I mean I believe in God, Jesus & I try to follow the Bible. Me & hubby read a part of the Bible each day at breakfast & discuss it & then try to apply it to our lives.

Thats really nice! Sounds quite intimate and obviously something you both share a passion for!

Hopeandprey > Do you have like a 'god' or are there certain rules as such? I'd like to know a little more please :flower:

Im another Christian,
I believe in God the Father and Creator of all things, Jesus his son and our Saviour and the Holy spirt sent by God to guide and comfort us,
I attend Church to Praise and worship God and follow the Bible's teaching as understood by me with the guiding of the holy spirit, I read the Bible and try to apply its teaching to my life and pray daily either by myself or with my husband and we pray blessings for our children and family everyday

I am a bit of everything. I don't believe in one god or creator but i like the values of many religions.

I would probably refer to myself as buddhist if pushed and am on a quest to truly 'see' and eliminate dukkha from my life!

I am a latter-day saint or mormon as its more commonly know, essentially i am a christian. I beleive in God, Jesus and the holy ghost.

I beleive i am a daughter of a loving and kind heavenly father and i lived (as did everyone) with him before coming to earth, the plan is to prove myself and get an body (before i beleive we just had a spirit).

I go to church, read from the bible, and have standards or morals i live by.

people have strange ideas about my releigion, but the men DONT have more than one wife, and we DO have electricity etc lol

I wouldn't say religion as such but I am spiritual. I also dabble in other things such as wicca, Buddhism etc just whatever suits me and live my life how I feel comfortable.

I'm Jewish. I believe in G-d - and that there is only one god - and that people are essentially good. We believe that the good will be rewarded for their deeds, and the wicked will be punished. We believe the mashiach (messiah) will come (and hence, has not already been) and will rid the world of all evil. We believe Moses and the prophets words are true, and that the dead will be resurrected.

I don't practice anymore - I am Jewish by birth - but I still believe in my religion.

I'm a Christian - I'm a Children and Families Worker for the Methodist Church so religion and faith takes up a large part of my life - I would classify myself as a Liberal Christian!

I'm Muslim. We believe in God- Only one God. we believe Good will be rewarded, bad/evil will be punished. We believe in all prophets - Mohammed, Eisa (Jesus), Musa (Moses) & all other prophets equally. We believe that Eisa (Jesus) will come back before the end of the world to get rid of all evil & all his followers will be rewarded & will go to heaven. Our prophet is Mohammed & our book is Quran. We also believe that people are born equally. We believe in fate/destiny (good or bad) & the after life.

We'r encouraged to cover our head with a scarf & i do it. I pray at home (I dont go to the mosque) & read Quran. I practice but very flexible.

I am a christian - Jehovahs Witness.

This is what we believe. The truth about what the bible teaches, and we stick to it as closely as possible. Hence why we dont vote for human governments ( as Gods kingdom with Jesus as king will replace human rulership and as the bible says in the end, will be the only hope for makind), hold high moral standards, dont accept blood transfusions, pray regularly and preach to others about this coming kingdom as Jesus did and asked his followers to do also, we dont celebrate pagan customs such as Easter and christmas - we still celebrate Jesus' death tho of course.

We believe as the bible teaches that we and everything around us was made with such precision, wisdom and love by our creator, God. Even the most simple things around us, the house you live in for example, had a designer......so it seems crazy to me to not conclude that our amazing planet, our brains, our bodies were not created with a purpose also

The bible also teaches that the world as we know it now, is not was the way it was meant to be. It was created as a perfect paradise where humans were to live forever, in perfect health, peace etc.

The world as we know it now as the bible teaches, is under Satans control and from world events that the bible speaks of that would be on a scale never seen before ( great wars, earthquakes, moral breakdown etc) we know that we are close to the time when God will step in and restore what was his grand purpose for us.

The reason he didnt do so sooner is because his right to rule was challenged by satan right back in the garden of eden ( were humans better off without gods guidance or could they rule themselves? Did God really know what was best for us) Time was needed to prove that humans were not better off without their creators guidance. Humans needed to reach their peak, many types of human rulerships had to be tried tp prove that we cannot succeed without Gods direct intervention - are we better off without Gods rule? We only have to look at the world around us to answer that question and it is clear to see Satans influence everywhere. And it is clear we dont know what we are doing...we are destroying the very planet we live on!

The bible not only teaches this but also is a historical account of early humans....gives guidance on how to lead a successful, satisfying life right now. :flower:

Hope my post wasnt too long lol, was hard to put it all in a nutshell.

Interesting thread hun, i love reading peoples different beliefs and how this affects their lives x

Yeah me too - i think its nice to be different, I understand how it causes arguments though when people question others but I find it all very interesting xx

It shouldnt cause arguements, its the last thing i like to argue about, not very christian to do so!! hehe. There is no reason why it cant be discussed if people are respectful of others, thats all it takes.

Same goes for any difference of belief or opinion on these forums hey!

I find it fascinating too. I think anyone that has posted on here is open about their religion and wouldn't mind answering any questions, as long as they are asked for the right reasons! :flower:

I am a christian - Jehovahs Witness.

This is what we believe. The truth about what the bible teaches, and we stick to it as closely as possible. Hence why we dont vote for human governments ( as Gods kingdom with Jesus as king will replace human rulership and as the bible says in the end, will be the only hope for makind), hold high moral standards, dont accept blood transfusions, pray regularly and preach to others about this coming kingdom as Jesus did and asked his followers to do also, we dont celebrate pagan customs such as Easter and christmas - we still celebrate Jesus' death tho of course.

We believe as the bible teaches that we and everything around us was made with such precision, wisdom and love by our creator, God. Even the most simple things around us, the house you live in for example, had a designer......so it seems crazy to me to not conclude that our amazing planet, our brains, our bodies were not created with a purpose also

The bible also teaches that the world as we know it now, is not was the way it was meant to be. It was created as a perfect paradise where humans were to live forever, in perfect health, peace etc.

The world as we know it now as the bible teaches, is under Satans control and from world events that the bible speaks of that would be on a scale never seen before ( great wars, earthquakes, moral breakdown etc) we know that we are close to the time when God will step in and restore what was his grand purpose for us.

The reason he didnt do so sooner is because his right to rule was challenged by satan right back in the garden of eden ( were humans better off without gods guidance or could they rule themselves? Did God really know what was best for us) Time was needed to prove that humans were not better off without their creators guidance. Humans needed to reach their peak, many types of human rulerships had to be tried tp prove that we cannot succeed without Gods direct intervention - are we better off without Gods rule? We only have to look at the world around us to answer that question and it is clear to see Satans influence everywhere. And it is clear we dont know what we are doing...we are destroying the very planet we live on!

The bible not only teaches this but also is a historical account of early humans....gives guidance on how to lead a successful, satisfying life right now. :flower:

This is very interesting. it's like reading versus frm the Quran. It's amazing how different religions have similar beliefs. Love ur post :hugs:

I am Catholic, I believe in one God, in 3 parts- The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit. The most important part of my faith I believe is striving to live as Jesus did, to love my neighbours, treat others how I would want to be treated, to honour God, his creation, and to just bring as much positivity to the world as I can.

I believe that God loves all of his children, regardless of whether you are Catholic or not. I believe in the forgiveness of sins. I believe in eternal life in heaven. I believe in peace.

I go to mass weekly. I should go to reconciliation (confession) more often, but truthfully I've not been since before Elyse's baptism, and before that, since high school. We receive sacraments, which are important to us.. baptism, reconciliation, holy communion, confirmation... marriage.. etc

I am Catholic. I believe that there is only one true God.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->