What is your tummy like 6 weeks after C Section?

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I'm not talking about your baby belly, I'm talking about the bit of your tummy just above the scar.

My scar is fine, not painful or sore. But it's the 4 inches of tummy above it that's causing me concern. It's been a bit swollen since I had Ben, but the last 2 days I'm sure it's got worse. It's bloody massive and swollen! I can't wear trousers unless they're maternity or loose joggers, even though last week I was wearing non-maternity jeans. And it's painful as well. It's still got that odd numb feeling, but its sore as well. I have to stand up really carefully again, even though I've been fine for 2-3 weeks with the pain.

It actually feels like it's full of fluid. Is that possible? I didn't have this last time.

If it feels like its full of fluid I would go and get it checked, I have had fluid build up with both my sections now and it was because of an infection. x

If you think it's worse, I'd get it checked out. I had that numb/sensitive feeling for ages. It's only now starting to feel like my tummy again. My LO is 7.5 months so it's taken a while. I still wear maty pants, they're soooo comfy! Are you BF? Only I think my tummy took ages to settle coz I BF for almost 6 months. If you're not, it may be you're due a period???

Get it checked out.

I had both redness/swelling & fluid build up and both were an infection.. sorry to say I think it sounds like you could have an infection too since you're experiencing intensified pain along with it? But I'm not a doctor, get it checked to be on the safe side :)

The belly is actually supposed to decompress fluid, not build up...that does sound concerning.

Thanks everyone.:hugs:

I've been trying to book a doctors appointment all day and the bloody hitler receptionist is being a right cow. I'm going to try later when she's gone to pick her kids up from school.

Thanks everyone.:hugs:

I've been trying to book a doctors appointment all day and the bloody hitler receptionist is being a right cow. I'm going to try later when she's gone to pick her kids up from school.

Do you guys have walk-in clinics or anything there?

Here, we have walk-in clinics... they're free but intended for people who don't have a family doctor... family doctors get billed for their patients' visits to these clinics, so if you threaten going to one they fit you in :)

Id get that checked, could be some kind of infection or something.

Mine never did that. Its still numb just above though and one side is really flat like its been squashed just above the scar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->