What is?

babyhearts

Reaction score
HGC and why is everyone so obsessed with it and when it changes?? and how do they even know this? doing my head in i don't know the lingo :D

HCG is the hormone you produce when pregnant - it should double roughly every 48 hours at the start of your pregnancy before slowing down. Its what gives you the positive line on your pregnancy test! You can only find out your HCG levels by having a quantitative blood test done.

it hcg hun and its the hormone your body produces when you are pregnant. in order to have a successful pregnancy it must double every couple of days. you have a blood test at your doctors to get the level.

ohhhhhh right okay, is it something your meant to have done loads then? because first time round I had a blood test at 10 weeks once I found out and loads later on for kidney infection but was never told nothing about HGC, and this time I'm 6 weeks and not having blood test till 12 weeks when I have a scan.

no you generally don't get in done in this country unless you've a history of miscarriages. I think in the US they test hcg regularly.

ther's not really an awful lot you can do if your levels aren't rising so it's more of a reassurance then a necessity hence the nhs don't do it

ohhhhhh okay I am still getting used to being here and I see people writing big long lists of what its been like everyday thought I might get judged for not knowing it lol :D

no don't worry about it. I never had it done either. you'll probably find that the people who know their levels are either in the US or have had problems in the past. most people in the UK wouldn't know what their levels are either.

What she said! I havent had any tests done at the doctors yet because everything *fingers crossed* has been fine so far. Infact at my doctors surgery they dont even do a pregnancy test if you have had a positive on Clearblue Digi because they are so accurate!!

oh that is good to know :D don't feel left out now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"